1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R51B - squeak, buzz, humm, HELP!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by darthfrede, Sep 10, 2005.

1. darthfrede

darthfrede

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After hearing all the good things about the le26r51b, I went out and bought one. And for the most part, I couldn't be happier about this tv. GREAT image and no fan noise to speak off.

However, it DOES have a very VERY annoying sound coming from the lower-right and lower-left corners of the speakers. It sounds a bit like
    "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP..."
    and it doesn't stop. It doesn't matter if the tv's on "mute", if I adjust the picture settings or anything... it just keeps going. And when I turn on PiP, it goes crazy. It sounds a bit like a squeaky fan or something, but there aren't any fans in the speaker-area, is there?

To be honset, the noise is not as bad as that in a CRT-tv, and if the noise was constant ("BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"), I wouldn't mind too much. But a sound that just keeps going on and off, is VERY annoying.

My question is:
    Has annyone else had this kind of problem with the LEXXR51-series? Is it something that's normal for a Samsung-tv? Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

PLEASE HELP!!! :lease:

2. maxlifo

maxlifo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like a fault to me mate :( Get in touch with Samsung.

3. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I was going to suggest playing around with the Sound settings in the menu but if you can hear it when the sound is off it sounds (no pun intended) like it's a fault of some kind.

4. darthfrede

darthfrede

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

I'm taking it back to the store where I bought it, to get it repaired. They say it'll be about three weeks. Hope I'll finally have a perfect screen after that (have been trying out screens for two months now). Then I'll just have to deal with the tearing. :suicide:

I'll get back to you in three weeks time.

5. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Why not mention the tearing issue when you return the TV? That way they can fix the speaker and update your TV's firmware. Might as well have something to show for the three weeks you're having to wait!

6. darthfrede

darthfrede

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually did tell them about the tearing when I bought the screen, and showed them the letter from Samsung (posted on this forum). Apparently, they hadn't heard ANYTHING from Samsung, and "my" letter was the first time they'd been notified of the problem.

I guess it takes a while for word to reach us in Denmark. ;)

I'll have to contact Samsung, and get that cable myself.

(still waiting for word on my tv, by the way)