1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R51B DVI set-up

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by guyno, Sep 19, 2005.

1. guyno

guyno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need some AV advice if anyone out there can spare the time.
    Have just set-up my new Samsung LCD TV but am having trouble with the PC to TV settings.
    I'm running Windows XP & am using a Radeon X300 graphics card with dual monitor output capability. I've connected a HDMI to DVI cable between the PC and TV.
    Problems are I can't set the correct resolution at 1360 x 768 and can't get any PC sound out of the TV. The Samsung website says a driver isn't needed and to use Plug & Play which I have.
    I'm pretty new to this stuff so any ideas greatly appreciated? Do I need a new graphics card? Have I got the right cable? Do I neeed an extra cable for audio?
    Thanks
    Awesome TV by the way 'cept for the above.

2. A O Malley

A O Malley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the ATI Catalyst 5.8 select 1280x720, and then there is a custom resolution you can set to remove overscan mines 1200x664. You can only get 1.1 pixel mapping with VGA but DVI looks nearly as good and is better for TV shows and movies if you want to use your PC as a HTPC because it allows you more control over the settings, also DVI doesn’t carry sound so you will have to use the audio out on your sound card.

3. guyno

guyno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for reply. Thought I'd need the separate audio cable. Not sure what you meant about the custom resolution as I spent hours looking at the advanced section of the dispay settings and couldn't find any kind of custom resolution. It's just that with the resolution set at 1024 x 768 the Samsung TV cuts off the edges of the pc desktop which isn't ideal. I'll have another try later. It'd be much easier if Samsung did a driver for this TV. Anyway, thanks again.