Samsung LE26R51 and XBOX 360 PGR problem?

jimnorth

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Sammy as a PC monitor for the month or so since I bought it and have been delighted with it.
However I got my 360 yesterday and have it hooked up via components and set at 720p. 1st game I played was PGR3 that looks stunning. I do have a problem though that I don't know if it's game,Sammy or 360 giving me the prob.
On the first race (London) it starts off nicely but as I go around the track it's as if someone is turning the brightness up and down very slightly. The effect is like driving on a sunny day and then it goes dull and further 'round the track again bright. This also happens to a lesser extent on other daylight tracks.
Also if I go into the Garage and look up to the skylight and down again you can see the brightness altering slightly again.

Would appreciate if anyone with the same setup could shed some light on this.
I'm hoping it's just PGR and not my setup.

TIA :smashin:

it's either thedyanmic contrast or the brightness sensor, try turninr one of them off, i noticed that same 'problem' too

dcm said:
it's either thedyanmic contrast or the brightness sensor, try turninr one of them off, i noticed that same 'problem' too

Thanks for that but I have both off. :(

jimnorth said:
The effect is like driving on a sunny day and then it goes dull and further 'round the track again bright. This also happens to a lesser extent on other daylight tracks.

You've hit the nail on the head! Brilliant isn't it. It's the game not you're screen. :)

Hi/zuum said:
You've hit the nail on the head! Brilliant isn't it. It's the game not you're screen. :)

You've made my day if it is the game and not my setup.
Do you have the same setup as me?
I wonder if I should have made this a general thread rather than a Sammy related one to see if other peeps have the same prob on other LCD's.
Or as a 360 newb am I seeing a problem that others have and has been discussed elsewhere?

As sniper said really, it's suppoosed to simulate the way your eyes react in bright sunlight and then when you quickly move into a dark area and vice versa. This effect is a part of the game.

Also, as dcm mentioned, if you do have dynamic contrast or the brightness sensor on, you will see small, gradual adjustments made. Turn these off and you will see the changes the game is making to the picture.

I personally have dynamic contrast off as I was noticing the small adjustments everytime the scene changed.

:)

lightbulb said:
As sniper said really, it's suppoosed to simulate the way your eyes react in bright sunlight and then when you quickly move into a dark area and vice versa. This effect is a part of the game.

Also, as dcm mentioned, if you do have dynamic contrast or the brightness sensor on, you will see small, gradual adjustments made. Turn these off and you will see the changes the game is making to the picture.

I personally have dynamic contrast off as I was noticing the small adjustments everytime the scene changed.

:)

Thanks for taking the time to answer.....I think I'm happy now knowing it's not my setup. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom