Samsung LE26R41BDX

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Ginz, Aug 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ginz

Ginz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this a recommended choice amongst you?

I was looking at it on Amazon this one.. it can be found cheaper elsewhere though I think.

Samsung LE26R41BDX.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...0296770-2140651

If the link doesn't work just put it in google

It's got built in freeview and HD Ready.

I've heard good and bad about it but don't seem to be coming to any nearer a decision.

I want to use it as an actual TV tv to watch TV on along with playing consoles DVDs through it. Eg Xbox, Gc and 360 when it comes out.

Granted it is for my room so would you think something a bit smaller would be more suitable? I was looking at getting Freeview anyway. A 20 inch would be considerably cheaper I'm sure but then no HD.

These any better? Philips 20PF4110 20" and TOSHIBA 27WL56?

2. Ginz

Ginz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard stuff about image tearing, the picture not being that great for normal tv, the RGB being 'cack' etc etc and just wondered whether there was actually any truth in it all.

3. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    The image tearing is restricted to component video and HDMI in 60Hz only and most 720p although people have reported tearing at 480p as well (I've not seen it at 480p only 720p and then it's been minimal). The image doesn't tear at all through any input in PAL 50Hz.

The TV is perfectly fine with sources like Sky Digital via RGB SCART. The superior image quality simply shows up any flaws in the source picture so it's best not viewed up close. Until Sky start transmitting high-definition next year, this is going to the case with all lesser picture sources like TV through the aerial and Freeview.