1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41BDX + XBox. Best connection type?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Shook, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Shook

Shook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I'm completely confused about SCART, RGB 'Advanced' SCART, Component, S-Video and HD.

I just want to know this... Which cable should I buy to get the best picture from my XBox?

And can I view my XBox games in HDTV on my Samsung?

I'm very confused.

s

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    go for the official MS advanced HD pack (think thats what its called) basically the official MS component cable + breakout box. some games will output HD signal from the xbox but your xbox must be a NTSC console or a modded (soft or hard) PAL xbox with the video system output set to NTSC.

3. Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    One more time, please, Kopite4Ever. Slowly....

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    ok i will try :devil:

some game Dev's will code/programme their game to output at High definition Resolutions, these being 1280x720 (720p, p being a progressive signal) & 1920x1080i (1080i, i being an interlaced signal)

microsolf allowed the NTSC machines to output these Resolutions to your display (if capable) but chose to take this function out of the PAL (european) machines as it was probably deemed so due to the fact HDTV wasnt really here at all during the Launch of the xbox.

now natually as you can see if you have a NTSC xbox you can makeuse of this. you do need a Component HD pack shown here . you will not be able to obtain HD outputs without a component connection with the official M$ one being the best by far. now your asking most of us dont own a NTSC console, so whats next. you can either Hard mod or soft mod your PAL console. a hard mad is just that a physical chip installed inside the machine. this allows all kinds of programs to be run on the versitile machine including something called the Enigma Video Switcher. this allows you to change your Video output from PAL to NTSC hence allowing these HD outputs. this also lets you choose 480p as well which produces a better picture than the PAL's 576i output. there are concenquences of having a mod chip installed i shall let you research that. now you can do what i did, Soft mod the xbox. this basically tricks the xbox into running the enigma video switcher through an exploit in certain games, mainly the original splinter cell. you then do this and allow the HD outputs in the MS dashboard.

From here games that do 720p like soul calibre will run at this HD res and will look like 'sex on legs' on your display

hope that helps im not the best with words but ask more if you need it :hiya:

5. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    SO do you still get a picture out of the Xbox using a component cable if the box isn't soft modded?

6. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    correct, just its 480i and not much better than RGB scart