1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung LE26R41BDX + X2VGA + soft modded xbox= problems..can anyone help please!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mrback, Sep 28, 2005.

1. mrback

mrback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello Out there
    Just took delivery of one of the samsung lcd tvs & getting to grips with it.
    I was using my xbox with an X2VGA box with an IIYAMA monitor & getting pretty nice results, I have soft modded the xbox too so I can enable the progressive scan modes. I have tried setting the xbox up today through the samsung but can't get any picture at all! Can anyone help?
    I was previously using a sony 26"trinitron with my toshiba dvd player through a QED RGB scart cable which gave a really nice sharp picture.
    The samsung picture doesnt seem as good to me to be completely honest, seems to show up a lot of artifacts & looks quite pixally, Is this normal with this set? I wasnt sure whether the higher resolution of the set would show up the misgivings of a standard dvd player, I am using a monster component cable for the picture.
    Thanks in advance for any comments.

I have posted this message in another forum but thought it may be best to post it here.

2. mrback

mrback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello
    Thought I may have had some comments from my questions but I'll update you as to how I have got on with the samsung:
    I tried linking my pc to the tv & it worked straight away so the tv is fine..
    When I link the xbox with the xvga adaptor the tv gives a message saying not supported mode. The xbox/x2vga is outputting 480p. Does anyone know if this set will support this mode through the pc in socket, it seems to me that it doesnt, will I have to go through the hdmi/dvi slot & if so is there any kind of vga adaptor to allow you to do this? I did a google search for a hdmi-vga adaptor but couldnt find anything. I'm thinking that progressive scan is only supported through the hdmi/dvi slot(can anyone confirm this?)
    Getting really frustrated now as been at it for hours & hours!!!
    From what I have read the tv is running at 50hz, now the xbox has been soft modded to ntsc which I think runs at 60hz will this have anything to do with the problems I am having?
    I have had a look at the service menu but couldnt see anything I thought I could maybe change. There was a PC calibration but didnt do the trick.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

3. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Does this set have a component input? You can get all the progressive modes through this with a suitable hidef kit for you xbox - And they are all impressive
    azzo
    (Sorry if you already new this)

4. mrback

mrback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks for the reply :thumbsup:
    The set does have component so I think I am going to have to go down that route.
    cheers

5. Blofeld

Blofeld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Some LCDs if HD capable will not output 480i through VGA. Even if you have set a progressive mode since the mod, 480i is the dashboard res. try it with a game loaded first (ie via TV). Thias way you can check if it works at least.

:oops: just seen the date of this, you're probably sorted now!! nevermind