1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41BDX Wall Mount?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by wafc, Jul 26, 2005.

1. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I am considering purchasing the Samsung LE26R41BDX 26" lcd from Play.com for £599 but does anyone know if it comes with a basic wall mount? I've checked the online manual for the set from the Samsung website and it gives instructions on how to fit the Wall Mounting Kit to the wall etc. Could anyone confirm whether it does come with a basic wall mount as I have heard people saying that they are not included? Strange though if the manual mentions it.

If not could someone give me the Vesa dimensions so that I can look for a bracket? Would this one do? http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=...EC&title=632862

Also I know the BDX Model is also refferred to as the Greenwhich but does anyone know why the model on Play.com is the Greenwich II? Is there any difference?

2. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Anyone any ideas then? :lease:

Thanks

3. midlife

midlife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Samsung LE26R41BDX does not come with a wall mounting kit.

You will need a wall mount with a VESA 200 x 100 configuration. I purchased mined from Chase AV for £33 delivered - it is a simple bracket with 17 degree tilt combined with the VESA 200 x 100 adaptor plate. The standard bracket mounts LCDs that use a VESA 75 x 75 pattern.

Hope that helps :)

4. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Cheers mate!

So would the Vesa wall mount in my link above not be suitable? I only ask as it may be easier for me to order one from the same place as the lcd tv.

If the one above is not suitable could you send me a link for the version you mentioned? :D

Thanks.

5. Jan20

Jan20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  6. midlife

midlife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wafc

That link doesn't work for me :thumbsdow . Is it the Vivanco WMSTFT202S LCD Swivel/Tilt Wall Bracket (£29.99) that you are referring to? If so it looks like it mounts a VESA 100 x 100 pattern which I think would place the TV offset from the bracket. My Samsung is mounted in 200 x 100 pattern (200 wide 100 high) with six screws into the back of the LCD panel.

7. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Ah, I thought that might be the case, thanks for the confirmation!

Is the link which Jan20 has posted above the right wall mount with everything included?

Thanks.

8. midlife

midlife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. midlife

midlife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jan20

The wall mount you identified looks like it will do the job just fine. I choose the other mount as it has smaller footprint on the wall and was adequate for what I needed.

10. slowpoke

slowpoke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    can you use these on a plasterboard wall?

11. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks for the help guys.

I have now ordered my Samsung LE26R41BDX for £599 from Play.com and I have ordered the wall mount from the link which Jan20 posted.

Looking forward to receiving them and getting it all hooked up! :D

12. Jan20

Jan20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Did you also get a Vesa adapter, or just the mount?

13. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just the mount because the link which you posted states that the bracket is suitable for Vesa 200x100 therefore I dont think an adaptor is required.

14. Jan20

Jan20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thats the one I'll get then. :smashin:

15. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I have bought this wall mount for my Samsung 26" screen http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Large-LCD-TFT-Tilt-Screen-Wall-Mount.html It is a tilting wall mount but I am having great difficulty in getting the screen to tighten up to any position, all the screws have been tightened but the tv always just tilts back down under the weight!

Does anybody have one of these wall mounts and know what the best solution is?

Thanks.

16. stuartcliff

stuartcliff
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WAFC - can you do a review of the samsung when you get it?

Considering this as a replacment for my Sonix which I'll be taking back due to audio delays on dvds.

Thanks!

17. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I cant really give much of a review because the only source I can use at the minute is RGB Scart, but I will say that this screen is much better than the Asda Dual 26" lcd which I had before it. I think its a very good tv for the price and the pictures do look pretty good from RGB Scart, I've tried dvd's and Sky so far and its performed really well. I'll look forward to testing out the HDMI in the future! And will test the VGA input for pc tonight.

Can anyone help with my wall mount problem in my previous post?

Thanks.

18. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have received my 26" Samsung this morning (cant wait to get home and set it up!!!) and should receive the same bracket anyday now, as soon as i can put them together i shall post the results for you. When i ordered mine from chaseAV i stated the make and model - if there are issues with the mount and our model of LCD then chaseAV should offer a refund.

Let you know as soon as i get it up and running.

19. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Cheers mate, would be good to see how you get on with this wall mount as I cannot get it to tighten up enough to keep the set in place.

Please let me know how you get on. :D

20. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well i got home from work last night and the wall mount had arrived! Wasn't expecting it for a couple of days.

Anyway, i installed the bracket to the Samsung with no problems what so ever, i used the 4 longer screws to connect the mount to the LCD on each corner and 2 of the shorter screws in the central vertical holes. The mount is fitted securely to the LCD and doesn't move at all. It should be a flush fit right upto the back of the LCD.

Could the screw threads on your screen be knackered (can't think of a technical term to describe it)??

Hope this helps! Let me know how you get on/what you'll do next.

Cheers

Martin

21. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Cheers for the reply mate.

Is this definitely the wall mount you have? http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Large-LCD-TFT-Tilt-Screen-Wall-Mount.html It is a tilting wall mount?

The bracket which attaches to the back of my lcd fits fine and doesn't move and the wall mount attaches to the wall fine, its just when you put them together and tighten the screws which are supposed to keep the screen in whatever angle you put it, they dont keep the screen at the correct angle, it just tilts downwards all of the time under its own weight.

I may just return it, although I no longer have the packaging.

22. martind

martind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Sorry mate, i now get the jist of what you were going on about.

Yes it is the same wall mount and I must admit that mine suffers from the same problem, as i discovered last night. I noticed that although i had tightened the 2 screws that should hold the screen at a certain angle, the weight of the screen takes over.

My VGA cable now sticks into the wall and it is this cable that is stopping my LCD from tilting even further, so that the bottom of the screen hits the wall.

Your right, even after ajusting the screws the weight just moves the screws that are supposed to hold the tilt!!

I am not happy about that either and am worried that it could damage my VGA cable! If you are returning your mount let me know how you get on as i have thrown away the packaging too.

23. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah sounds like you've got the exact same problem as me mate!

I now have my scart lead doing the same job as your VGA cable, ie it is holding the tv in the correct place and stopping it from tilting downwards. Luckily I have a thick Thor Scart cable which I got from Play.com for £17.99 and I dont think it will be damaged at all so for now I think I'm going to stick with this wall mount as its not worth the hassle sending it back and drilling a new one into the wall etc.

Its still annoying that the mount doesn't work as it is supposed to though! :(