Samsung LE26R41BDX Questions

cpc3232

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi sorry if these Questions jave already been asked but i couldnt find the answers anywhere in the forums.
First is there any difference between the LE26R41BDX and LE26R51BDX apart from the look i read that the 51 has a 8ms while the 41 has a 12ms is this right?

Also can anyone point me in the direction where i can get this tv. Found a couple of sites but i it would be godd if people could recomend some sites where they havent had problems with returning it if there is a problem for example.

when i get it i wana connect my xobx up to it so what cable do i need and where from to make it hd?

Last thing is that ive heard that there was tearing problems with the tv but there is a fix does this work on the 51 and 41?

Thanks very much for answering my questions! :)

There is no difference between them except for the look. The features including the response time are exactly the same. The 51 models are exclusive to the Dixons group ( Dixons, Currys and PC World ).

As far as the best place to get one I'm not sure. I'm in the process of getting one myself at the moment. I put a reservation down at John Lewis about 2 and a half weeks ago and got a call today it was in. They charge 795 for it but I'm trying to get them to price match with a local retailer for 699. They said it will take their price match department 3-5 days to get back to me. You can find it for as little as 650 online. The reason I went with John Lewis is they give a 5 year guarantee on their TV's.

As far as connecting the Xbox via HD you need an Xbox HD AV pack. There is an official one but it is hard to find locally in the UK. There are some overseas sites that sell it and ship to the UK like dvdboxoffice.com, videogameplus.ca, lik-sang.com and play-asia.com. GAME sells their own brand but it does not have a connection for a digital optical cable for surround sound although it does have two stereo phono cables. I'm not sure how good it is though. I have the official cable which I bought a few months ago when I went to the US. Just have to wait for my TV now.

For the xbox - please be aware that as well as the HD cable (get an offical MS one by the way) you also need to have a modded Xbox. If you have a normal UK Xbox you cannot set it to HD.

Cheers
Ironman

Hi there

Im a newbie here and hoped someone could help!

I have just purchased a Samsung LE26R41BD and a HD850 DVD player, i connect the two with an HDMD : HDMD cable and an optical cable but when i play DVDs i keep getting an annoying message on screen 'HD audio not supported'.... any thoughts on why this is and if there is anything i can do to make sure it is supported??

Many thanks in advance

Fe_man2000 said:
For the xbox - please be aware that as well as the HD cable (get an offical MS one by the way) you also need to have a modded Xbox. If you have a normal UK Xbox you cannot set it to HD.

Cheers
Ironman

Good point there. :smashin:
Lucky for me I have a US Xbox so no problems. :D

toonces said:
Hi there

Im a newbie here and hoped someone could help!

I have just purchased a Samsung LE26R41BD and a HD850 DVD player, i connect the two with an HDMD : HDMD cable and an optical cable but when i play DVDs i keep getting an annoying message on screen 'HD audio not supported'.... any thoughts on why this is and if there is anything i can do to make sure it is supported??

Many thanks in advance
In the DVD player's setup options, for Audio, change Digital/DTS Output to PCM. This will allow sound to come from your TV. however if you use PCM instead of Bitstream and have your DVD connected to an AV amp you will only get Dolby Pro Logic and not Dolby Digital/DTS output fro the amp.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
cheapest place i've found it is here.

I have the last one on hold (ordering on monday when they have some more information about the freeview box).

Looks like a great set. Can't wait to get my mits on it :)

im not gona bother modding my xbox as its to much effort plus i like playin on live. is there any point getting the hd pack anyway? will it still give better performance than the official scart connection which i have at the mo?

You can soft mod the xbox - set it to american so you get all the HD settings - then remove the softmod. this is what I did - been playing on live for 5 months now - no probs. took all of 5 minutes to do.

NOTE - softmoding doesnt involve any hardware or even opening the xbox. You load a special saved game from memory card.

You dont even have to uninstall the softmod to play on live :thumbsup:

hey guys, i have another question regarding the samsung IDTV sets. if you are unable to get a freeview signal are you still able to use analogue with them?
Don't think I'll be able to get freeview in my new house without some spiderman style climbing and a massive aerial.
Thanks!

ive got a crappy aerial and freeview still works well on some channels. standard tv works too and should work for you too.

does anyone have the mechassault game save to change the xbox output?! if possible could you send it to me my Email is:[email protected] thanks very much

Yeah i could do with a copy of that too to softmod my Xbox if that is ok.

Cheers

Oli

Moogle said:
There is no difference between them except for the look. The features including the response time are exactly the same. The 51 models are exclusive to the Dixons group ( Dixons, Currys and PC World ).

As far as the best place to get one I'm not sure. I'm in the process of getting one myself at the moment. I put a reservation down at John Lewis about 2 and a half weeks ago and got a call today it was in. They charge 795 for it but I'm trying to get them to price match with a local retailer for 699. They said it will take their price match department 3-5 days to get back to me. You can find it for as little as 650 online. The reason I went with John Lewis is they give a 5 year guarantee on their TV's.

As far as connecting the Xbox via HD you need an Xbox HD AV pack. There is an official one but it is hard to find locally in the UK. There are some overseas sites that sell it and ship to the UK like dvdboxoffice.com, videogameplus.ca, lik-sang.com and play-asia.com. GAME sells their own brand but it does not have a connection for a digital optical cable for surround sound although it does have two stereo phono cables. I'm not sure how good it is though. I have the official cable which I bought a few months ago when I went to the US. Just have to wait for my TV now.

The 51 seems to have a contrast of 3000/1 were as the 41 has a contrast of only 800/1 (if you believe the curry’s web site) information on these TVs is very poor from Samsung

Silas Greenback said:
The 51 seems to have a contrast of 3000/1 were as the 41 has a contrast of only 800/1 (if you believe the curry’s web site) information on these TVs is very poor from Samsung

Both of them have the same contrast. The 800:1 value is the actual normal contrast where as the higher value 3000:1 is the dynamic contrast. Other than cosmetically there is no difference what so ever between the two.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom