Samsung LE26R41BDX Probs

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by leejay, Mar 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. leejay

leejay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

I have just bought a samsung 26" lcd television, and my overall views are wow 10/10 amazing except for small problems. Can any one help the problems are listed below.

When I watch tv the screen goes from light to dark almost like someone turns the brightness up and down, sometimes it doesn't sometimes it does? the setting picture at the moment is on dynamic.

I've connected my dvd through scart it is ronin p807 and when I watch a dvd on dynamic the same thing happens with the colour, the picture goes bright and dark. Same thing happens through my vcr when watching a tape,

When watching a dvd I have put the picture to movie, and the flicker of brightness change as I decribe it, is not so bad, but the output of the dvd is not amazing at all

TV channels - dynamic
    DVD - movie
    Video (vcr) - dynamic

If anyone could shed some light on these things much apprieciated,

many thanks

2. Whappers

Whappers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think turning off dynamic contrast will certainly fix your problem.

However, sometimes if the room is bright, the TV will get brighter in order to make it stand out more against the bright room, and if you suddenly turn off the light then the brightness sensor will kick in as the TV no longer needs to be as bright as it previously was, but in doing this it takes the TV a moment or two to configure the brightness on the screen (approximately 5 seconds) but in doing so you will notice the brightness change.

Theres another useless fact that you probably already knew anyway. But people reccomend that you keep brightness sensor on and turn off dynamic contrast as it sometimes overcompensates or undercompensates. It's best that you do a search on these forums for your TV's optimum settings. Try them out and if you like them then keep them.

Hope this helps.

Whappers

3. leejay

leejay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help

4. PioneeringAlong

PioneeringAlong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Something else to consider is to turn the 'Brightness Sensor' off because this is most likely what is causing your situation.