1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41BDX HDMI via a PC

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by italianouk, Sep 18, 2005.

1. italianouk

italianouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !

I have just brought myself a Samsung... seems great, but I have a problem.

I have hooked it up to a new HTPC computer.
    This computer has a touch screen tft monitor and it needs a vga input to make it work. My problem is, that I only have a HDMI/DVI connector left, for the PC input, but the Samsung won't work off this.

Some where back in a huge thread elsewhwere, which I cant seem to find anymore, I read that there is a way of getting the HDMI to work via the Samsung and a PC. Not sure, but was it using powerstrip ?

Can some one please give me some advice of how I may be able to get the HDMI working via the HDMI Samsung Connector and the HDMI graphics card.

Otherwise I am left with a great HTPC tft, which I can't use.

Thanks a million

italiano

2. A O Malley

A O Malley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my PC connected via DVI to HDMI using an ATI Radeon 9800xt to the LE32R41. You will need to use a custom resolution to remove over scan mine is 1200x664. Catalyst 5.8 allows you to do this within is program so I don’t know how powerstrip works. You also get the advantage of greater control of the settings for the input and don’t have the backlight on full the whole time, which is better for movies and TV programs if you are using it as a HTPC.

3. italianouk

italianouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply AO Malley.

My card is an nvidia G Force 6600, so I don't think that the catalyst 5.8 will work.
    Any other ideas welcome.

Thanks