1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41BD VGA

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wardster, Jul 27, 2005.

1. wardster

wardster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can i connect any PC to this tv?

I have been reading through the main thread and am confused with talk of makes of video card etc.

I have a reasonably priced Dell machine - do i just connect it up and it should work or do i have to find the display drivers etc

Thanks

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Yes, the VGA port is a "PC" input, it's designed for it. It won't take 50Hz though, if you're planning on playing PAL content over it.

If you've got an nVidia card, the latest drivers are supposed to be excellent for hooking it up to an HDTV. ATi's aren't as good, but should definitely have the native resolution (1360x768) available in the resolution list without you having to add it manually.

It should all be pretty easy to set up now, the latest drivers for either set of cards should make it easy to get native resolution set up on it. You'll be able to use 1024x768 working at the very least while you try to get it set right if you do encounter a problem.

3. wardster

wardster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But what if i have not got an nVidia or ATI card?

Will it still work and if so will it set up as plug and play

4. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    I'd say it's very unlikely that any PC bought in the last few years won't have an nVidia or ATi card.

If you don't, then it's very unlikely you'll have the native resolution in the list, and it will be harder to get 1:1 mapping, but there are plenty of guides around to help you. You will definitely be able to do 1024x768 no problem though, which is 1:1 mapped for 4:3 content.

5. darkhelmet

darkhelmet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good chance you have an onboard Intel graphics chip...

Download the latest drivers, but I doubt if these have special resolutions as 1360x768...