Samsung LE26R41BD (using with sky box?) please help.

carex

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I was thinking about buying the LE26R41B (without freeveiw) because I live in area where you can't receive it,
But I've got a good deal on the LE26R41BD (with freeveiw) from a local supplier.
My query is that, is the above set compatible with the sky box?.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You will just be able to recieve Freeview just as your old tv recieved analogue through the internal tuner. Sky will be connected by Scart ( I presume)

carex said:
Hi Guys.

I was thinking about buying the LE26R41B (without freeveiw) because I live in area where you can't receive it,
But I've got a good deal on the LE26R41BD (with freeveiw) from a local supplier.
My query is that, is the above set compatible with the sky box?.

Thanks in advance.

when you buy the tv and switch it on for the first time it will go into plug and play mode and will auto tune in the analogue stations only so you dont have to bother setting up freeview if you know you can't get it. It works great with sky and i have to say that the le26r41bd has one of the clearest pictures i have ever seen on an lcd. i dont think you will be dissapointed.

Have heard of problems with compatiblity, something to do with coloured bands on the screen when using rgb scart. worth checking

PAULYM said:
Have heard of problems with compatiblity, something to do with coloured bands on the screen when using rgb scart. worth checking

Haven't had this problem myself could be just a couple of duff sets ,my first set was faulty it had a white flicking line at the top of the screen but the replacement so far has been perfect (touch wood).

Thanks Guys

A few more questions, the set I've got at the moment is a Sonix lcd (which is going back to the store) is superb when hooked up to the PC (resolution 1280+768), I notice the resolution on the Samsung is 1366+768, and the graphics card doesn't support this configuration, will it make much difference?

Also I was looking at one in a store today and seems to a have a socket and plug of some sort in the top left rear of the set, whats all that about:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom