Samsung LE26R41BD screen burn-in?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by fossilbear, Nov 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fossilbear

fossilbear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I wonder if anyone could help me. I purchased a Samsung LE26R41BD LCD TV today. Imagine my dismay to read in the manual warnings about screen burn-in and that the use of video game consoles was not recommended due to possible image retention.Seeing i bought it for use with xbox and soon xbox 360 and sky+ which obviously has live pause i now feel a bit concerned and have been using the zoom to try to leave no borders on screen during certain transmissions.I thought LCD tv didn,t suffer screen burn-in. Has anyone got any information regarding this issue. Thanks.

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Easy answer. Don't read the manual.

3. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

LCD doesn't suffer permanent burn in, as there is nothing to burn unlike the phosphor used on Plasma and CRT TVs. It is apparently possible for an LCD to retain an after image in extreme circumstances but that would disappear by itself. Ironically LCDs were first used for computers, and not even gaming with moving images but an extremely static desktop image, and I have not seen any reports of screen burn in from computer users. My LCD at work that is on 8 hours a day for a year or more now and with the Start button always in the same place has no burn in of that.

As for manufacturers warnings they are just covering themselves or use the same blanket warning regardless of the technology used.

Regards

Phil

4. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have LCD monitoring screens at work which have had the same image on them for at least 3 years, never get turned off, some figures change occasionally! They are perfectly fine :)

5. bbdivo

bbdivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You'll probably find thats the generic tat that their legal department has told them to put in all flat panel display manuals!

6. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Yup, don't worry about it, it'll be a mistake on Samsung's part or something.

BTW, this thread should maybe be stickied, I've seen this asked many many times.

7. fossilbear

fossilbear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. you sure have put my mind at rest. Looks like i can use my Samsung TV without worrying.Cheers.