SAMSUNG LE26R41BD picture problem

Golden28

Standard Member
Had a Samsung LE26R41BD for a couple of weeks now and the picture has been fantastic. However, today I turned the unit on and immediately noticed really obvious pixellation (jaggies) and ghosting. It is the same on both analog and digital.
I also purchased a DVD player today and the picture on this (I have it running through the composite leads) is absolutely dreadful, it's like its running in a low resolution like computer graphics can. Jaggies everywhere.
Have not got a clue as to why this started happening today or why the DVD picture is so awaful...any ideas most appreciated.

Sicton

Standard Member
The DVD image will only be as good as the cable and composite isn't going to give good results when connected to a high-def display.

As for the jaggies, any chance you could take a photograph to show what you mean?

Golden28

Standard Member
Yeah sure, here,s a picture I just took. Notice the distortion/ghodting around the male dancers trousers, also any writing on the screen really shows up the ghosting and jagged lines. Thanx 4 your help.

Attachments

Sicton

Standard Member
Thanks for the photo but it's really difficult to see what the problem is from that. I can't actually make out any distortion or ghosting.

If it was fine before it does seem a little strange unless the material you were watching just didn't make the problem noticeable before perhaps. Have you tried a different RF/aerial lead?

Derek22

try running your dvd through the rgb scart and make sure your dvd is configured for rgb. you will also need a fully wired scart cable as well, not something too expensive but something reasonable.

also on digital what sort of signal stregth are you getting and whats the bit error rate like.

Golden28

Standard Member
Thanks for help, problem with DVD was that it was set to NTSC by default. I now have it running through a monster RGB scart and it is fine.
Problem with picture was me being anal I think and looking at it too closely.
Hooked it up to PC and played some HD demos today...PERFECTION! bring on sky HD.
Thanks for help guys :smashin:

Trending threads

Top Bottom