samsung LE26R41BD fumming !!!

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by gokhan, Mar 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gokhan

gokhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well after two months of messing about my samung lcd from freemans arrived and what a major dissapointment i mean £500 after discount is not cheap and for this unit the image quality is useless i get red banding between black game loading screens , tearing of the image when watching sky+ and the picture is very soft i expect this lcd to be a little worse than my 14inch but god damn this is bad !! is going back asap

sorry for the rant do u think it ws a faulty unit ???

how can i test the image ????

2. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  3. Tempest

Tempest
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,137
    Sorry to hear that.

The thing is, it's all going to depend on what you actually run on it.
    Garbage in, Garbage out, as they say.

I've not got Sky myself but I know there has been a lot of talk about getting the sky box's to output RGB over a good quality Scart lead, and of course, also some things on Sky are going to be broadcast at a better quality than others.

For watching TV, make sure you are sitting 3x the screen size away before you judge the normal (non hi-def) picture.

Don't suppose you have anything that can send a hi-def signal to it?

Of course, your set mey be faulty, it's just difficult to say unless you have something good to drive it, in the 1st place.

4. Teppic

Teppic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'd suggest this is down to either poor/faulty cables, or that the tv is faulty. You should definitely not be seeing red banding on black screens, or tearing on Sky if everything is okay with both cables and the set itself.

5. gokhan

gokhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah maybe my cables are screwed but surely even with sub standard cables it should b a decent picture ??? maybe i will run some hd stuff but that not what this tv will b used for mainly sky and ps2 so it needs to do that very well first

6. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Sounds like a duff set. Don't bother messing with it just change it and see if that improves your experience.....

7. Teppic

Teppic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    A substandard cable will cause a substandard signal which in turn will give a substandard picture. I'm not someone who thinks you have to spend a fortune on cables to get a good picture by any means, but it's simple logic that a bad cable will lead (no pun intended) to a bad picture.

Having said that, it could still be that there's a fault with the tv. Swap your cables about a bit, try different cables if you have any (even if they aren't expensive high quality ones), and if the picture never alters at all in quality then it would suggest it's the tv. However, if you see any difference in performance then a decent cable is probably a wise investment.

8. imcarm

imcarm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I have the LE40R51B the display is just wonderful, HD material looks like a picture and the Xbox360 through VGA is very sharp. DVD's played through the HDMI connecter with my Sammy DVD-HD950 also look stunning.

The downside to this set is SKY broadcasts, I'm using a very high quality Scart cable plugged into the RGB port and the picture is not all that great - I have come to the conclusion that the reason for this is due to compression (the SKY menu is super sharp with no defects, which is what I would expect through RGB) but the overall picture on most channels is not that good through RGB - But just to be certain I tested the DVD player via RGB, again the picture was wonderful, no awful defects caused by compression like the SKY output.

Don't blame the TV for poor SKY viewing, if the picture is bad from the source then no amount of tweaking will make it look better (in fact, you'll probably make it look far worse).

9. gokhan

gokhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i am sending the set back to freemans should get a new one in 5 days so hopefully this will b a little better if not 14inch is all am gonna get for now !!!