1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41B Screen Problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by skdcfc, Oct 18, 2005.

1. skdcfc

skdcfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought a Samsung LE26R41B 3 weeks ago and it has been great, no problems what so over.

However over the last two days the screen keeps going funny and getting covered in bright pink and green little dots. If i turn it off and then on again the screen is ok for while before loads of the little pink and green dots apear again.

What can i do about it?

Cheers.

2. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only 3 weeks old, take it back mate :)

3. mister meaner

mister meaner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this on a Samsung in a local Currys store. I fugured it had been dropped as it was fine a few weeks before. Does it seem to choose one particular colour in an image that it then always shows in pink no matter where it is on screen?

Now you suggest a similar problem with yours (which i'm sure you won't have dropped) sounds like its a fault. I'd contact the shop straight away and tell them its faulty.

I wonder if its Firmware related???

4. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    It sounds like a hardware fault. I'd take it back and get a replacement.

5. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sounds like the same problem as with our sets Doc. Definately exchange it.

Funny you say three weeks - the exact same thing happened to mine after "three weeks".

According to Samsung's subcontractors that are carrying out the repair .on my set, it is due to a faulty Power Supply Board (PSB), but I am not sure how accurate that is. Funnily, they couldn't find a fault with my TV at all in the repair center - had to send them the photos, and based on these they diagnosed a faulty PSB...doens't really instill much confidence in me that my set will run trouble free when I get it back. :thumbsdow

6. garyf

garyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a similar problem. My LE26R41B is only 6 weeks old. In the past 2 days green dots have started appearing, almost like a haze. It's especially noticeable on th eblack borders, so much so that they are almost entirely green, and when changing channels, the screen is mostly green instead of black. I am connected via RF for my analogue cable tv, scart for video and RCA video jack for DVD (DVD only has 1 output!). It happens on all 3 inputs.
    I've attached a picture taken with the screen in 4:3 format to highlight the problem. Can anybody give some advice?

Attached Files:

7. garyf

garyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK update: Engineer has just left with the tv under his arm. He says it is a problem with the panel, quite common on these sets. He thinks Samsung have come up with an improved panel and it is that that he will fit.

8. garyf

garyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, engineer above quoted 1 week for it to be fixed. Called Visual FX yesterday for update. "it's in the workshop undergoing troubleshooting, expect 10 - 14 days for a fix". I asked why it should take so long when the engineer who came to my house knew the problem and knew what was needed? Person I spoke with hid behind th e' samsung insist we do a thorough check' argument. Oh well, if they are true to their word I should get it back fixed as good as new.