1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41B 'picture juddering'

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ilicklcdscreens, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ilicklcdscreens

ilicklcdscreens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Yesterday I recieved my Samsung LCD screen. I am happy with it apart from the
    odd occurance of 'juddering' of the picture on the screen. I am not too knowledgable on LCD screens but does this sound like the 'tearing' issue that people have?

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Hmm, "juddering"... what input is this over, and what do you have plugged into it? And also, what programme are you watching? (If it's a TV show, it could be a deinterlacing glitch).

3. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was going to mention this but wasn't sure of terminology. I've got the LE23R41B.

While watching the golf over the weekend (Sky box, channels BBC1/2) the picture would be fine on close ups/ long distance shots, but on shots of the players walking their faces would sort of morph and get all distorted. What would cause this ? Could this be an interlacing problem ?

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It could be, but it sounds more like some sort of noise reduction thing. You're not using a video sender are you? You have the Sky decoder connected directly to the first SCART socket?

Also go into the picture menus and turn any Noise Reduction/NR features off. See if that sorts it out.

5. ilicklcdscreens

ilicklcdscreens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry. The input is RGB scart from an NTL digibox. Most often during the adverts the screen will 'split' in two horizontally sporadically for a few seconds. It happens sometimes when my brother plays on his PS2.

6. ilicklcdscreens

ilicklcdscreens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, I stay away from video senders, horrible things! :D

I will try turning noise reduction off, thanks.

7. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Wow - tearing on the SCART input? You mean, the top half of the picture updates before the bottom half? A lot of us found tearing on the bigger 32" version of this TV. It sounds like the 26" does it over SCART at 50hz as well?...

This sounds different to what you first described though?

That could just be a sign of the overdone MPEG-2 compression on digital TV that's done by broadcasters to squeeze more channels in. Is this your first LCD?

8. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm connected directly to the sky box but I need to do some investigation tonight as I jumped straight in and connected with an old lead I had lying around. On the Sky end I've got 1 scart going to a video sender and 1 to the LCD. The scart to the LCD is composite on the LCD end (yellow, red and white jacks). I've no idea if it's an RGB scart or anything, will this matter, I don't know.

What's the best connection from Sky (scart) to the LCD ?

9. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Best connection is to use a SCART cable set to the RGB option. The cable must also be wired for RGB video.

The setup you have now is sending Composite video. This'll be causing some unsightly dot crawl on the image, but shouldn't be causing any "juddering" or "smearing".

10. ilicklcdscreens

ilicklcdscreens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really. What I mean is that the picture judders like crazy and/or the screen breaks with lines. I think I will try and record it with a camcorder or something :)

The quality of the NTL box through this LCD is worse than through a normal TV but I know that's a problem with the resolution and MPEG2 blocky compression.

Also, when playing the PS2 through this LCD, I cannot manage to center the picture on the screen, there is always a 1" vertical black gap to the right of the screen. The PS2 is inputted via RGB. It is worth noting that on high/fast action scenes the picture appears to 'bleed' into the 1" gap.

This is my first LCD yes.

Thanks for the help so far.

11. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Yeah, it'd be great if you could record it so we can see exactly what it is.

12. ilicklcdscreens

ilicklcdscreens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do.

Do you have any thoughts about my PS2 problem?

13. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I have the exact same PS2 problem! but my LCD is the 26" Dual one from Asda. I am connecting the PS2 using the 3 phono plugs (red, white, yellow). God knows what the solution is as I cant find any setting for this in the PS2 config. :(

14. wafc

wafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Anyone know the answer to this PS2 problem where the picture doesn't centre? :lease:

15. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    a lot of games have a option to centre the screen, i take it the ones your using don't ?

16. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    This is a post I made on another forum with regards to someone upgrading their TV and having a similar issue. They actually thought their ps2 was faulty and were about to buy another one though. :eek: