Samsung LE26R41B loosing PC input? (please help)

carex

Standard Member
Hi Guys.

It's been fine up to a week ago, but when it's been on for a few hours the input disappears ( no signal black screen)
but when I reboot it returns for a while, then goes again:

Anybody else had this problem.

Thanks in advance.

movingtables

Novice Member
maybe you have power savings set to "switch monitor off" after so many idle minutes/hours?

right click the desktop > properites > screen saver > power > from here you should see the following:

sorry for image quality.

carex

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply.
it said "turn monitor off after 20 minutes":confused: ( never seen that box before) so I've changed it to "never":thumbsup: .

also I've found out that Samsung have something called power management system built into there sets which switches into hibernation mode after a certain period (screen is black and the red power indicator flashes every 1 second).

but up to last week it was on 5 hours a day and it never went off once:confused:
but I'll see what happens now.

Cheers.

carex

Standard Member
This is not related but..
I see from the above screen shot you have a wide screen LCD, I sometimes have the irritating problem of programs opening up of the screen and minimising to the task bar, and then it's a case of finding it and trying to blindly drag it back, I've noticed that 2 of the sides of the screen are locked ( ie..the cursor stops at the edge) but on the bottom and right sides it just seems to go on forever. I've messed around with the resolution etc.., but no joy:(

Any Idea's.

movingtables

Novice Member
This is not related but..
I see from the above screen shot you have a wide screen LCD, I sometimes have the irritating problem of programs opening up of the screen and minimising to the task bar, and then it's a case of finding it and trying to blindly drag it back, I've noticed that 2 of the sides of the screen are locked ( ie..the cursor stops at the edge) but on the bottom and right sides it just seems to go on forever. I've messed around with the resolution etc.., but no joy:(

Any Idea's.

sounds like you have extended desktop selected or something in your graphics card settings. you have an nvidia card ?
sounds like you need to resinstall the latest graphics card drivers to me.
my desktop via VGA is set to 1360X768.

edit i have the samsung 26" R74 HD ready Tv.

carex

Standard Member
you have an nvidia card ?
my desktop via VGA is set to 1360X768.

edit i have the samsung 26" R74 HD ready Tv.

Yes I have a nvidia card ( what should I be looking for in the setup?)

set at 1024x768 @75Hz (tried the above setting but didn't look right)

movingtables

Novice Member
go to www.nvidia.com and go to the drivers section and download the drivers most appropriate to the graphics card in your machine.
for example my card falls under the Gforce series for windows XP.

once you have downloaded the drivers to your desktop. install them and reboot when asked.

then when your pc boots back up set your desktop resolution to 1360X768 32bit color and all "should" be fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom