Quantcast

Samsung LE26R41B firmware -- what's the latest version?

Steven Jackson

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm having the Samsung LE26R41B delivered later today (hopefuly!) and I was wondering how I can check to see what firmware version it has installed. I'd also need to know what is the latest firmware version for this model, so that I can check I have it!

The reason for this is that I've been reading stuff I don't really understand about 'tearing' and 'green push' on these TVs -- and I want to avoid catching them (even though I don't know what they are). Hmmm.

Anyway, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

WhiteHartMart

As posted by McChubby in the 'tearing' thread:-

Go into the service menu, and it's displayed on the initial screen.

To select the Service Menu (with the TV in standby), do the following:
Standby
Info
Menu
Mute
Power On

However, I don't take any responsibility for you knackering your TV by selecting something weird in the service menu, so be careful!

Got my tv delivered yesterday, firmware shown was:-

T-GRNW26PEU-3005
T-GRNWMPEUS-1004
Aug 08 2005

:thumbsup:

B

bonc

WhiteHartMart said:
As posted by McChubby in the 'tearing' thread:-

Go into the service menu, and it's displayed on the initial screen.

To select the Service Menu (with the TV in standby), do the following:
Standby
Info
Menu
Mute
Power On

However, I don't take any responsibility for you knackering your TV by selecting something weird in the service menu, so be careful!

Got my tv delivered yesterday, firmware shown was:-

T-GRNW26PEU-3005
T-GRNWMPEUS-1004
Aug 08 2005

:thumbsup:
You still need to flash that set to avoid tearing !

Moogle

Novice Member
bonc said:
You still need to flash that set to avoid tearing !
I've got the same firmwaRE if I recall correctly and have seen no tearing so far. Mind you the only thing I have tried is Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox and not for very long. I will probably see how it goes before taking the plunge and updating the firmware.

Steven Jackson

Novice Member
These are my settings -- do I need to update the firmware? How do you know, anyhow?

T-ROME2MPEU-3003
T-ROMEMPEUS-1002
Aug 17 2005
22:05:50

Cheers,
Steve.

B

bonc

Steven Jackson said:
These are my settings -- do I need to update the firmware? How do you know, anyhow?

T-ROME2MPEU-3003
T-ROMEMPEUS-1002
Aug 17 2005
22:05:50

Cheers,
Steve.
Because I had Whiteharts firmware on my 2nd panel (I assumed it would be okay for tearing) and experienced tearing playing the ROCK - 480p - NTSC!

so I updated as I had software already - to Aug 22 2005 (latest software (99% sure))

tearing all gone!!!!