1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41B(DX)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by vectrasri99, Sep 5, 2005.

1. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Can someone answer these questions as web sites don't specifically answer. Reference to R41B and BDX. :lease:

1) Is the black surround gloss black as the R51?
    2) Does it have component as R51 does? Can't confirm via the web.
    3) No DVI?
    4) How good is the digital tuner (fast channel change, GUI etc.).
    5) Is screen tear still happening?
    6) Green over kill?

I can't find one of these in my local shops just the R51 hooked up to a snow storm.

Thanks

Mat

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Yes, it is.

It does, it's exactly the same, aside from the Black "V" / Silver "V" depending on 51/41. (oh, I hear that the speakers are better on one too, but I'm not sure)

Nope, but you can use a cheap DVI > HDMI cable to connect up DVI devices, as HDMI is backwards compatible. VGA is perfect for PC use, if that's what you want DVI for. It's the best VGA I've ever seen.

No idea, sorry. I've got an LE32R41BX which is only analogue.

Supposedly, but I've yet to see tearing once after hundreds of hours or use/testing.

Again, not on my set, but some people have said they had it. It can be corrected via the service menus.

3. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can talk from a little experience of both telly's. I bought the 41, thinking I'd got a good deal, but when I saw the 51, I look the 41 back as I thought it looked nicer (i like the black 'v').

From the use aspect, they are the same.

From what I have found out, the 51 style is the telly made for the American market, and it looks like the Dixons group have purchased the 51 to be different from those who sell the 41.

Picture wise, I'm quite impressed, though I think I have the set-up a bit wrong, as freeview and DVD (played via component cable) look slightly blurry (any hints on how to get a more crisp picture wud be greatly appreciated!)

Colourwise, I think the colours are spot on, though tastes do differ, so you have the option to change contrast, brightness, and RGB colours individually.

Freeview channel hoping not super quick, about 2 seconds to change channel. I particularly like the programme guide feature, very cool (my old digibox wasnt as good).

The ultimate though has got to be the HD technology.

My local Comet had the 41 in a line with other HD tellys. THey were sourcing a video from a PC using a DVI to HDMI cable.

The Sammy was the cheapest on the line, with the tellys ranging to £2000, and with names such as Sony, Panny, Philips and Hitachti.

I have to say, the Sammy was the best picture quality by far, and all of the tellys look stunning!

I've got nuffin but praise for them! Hope you get as much enjoyment as I have!

4. stealth chicken

stealth chicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Yeah, the 41/51 is just pure personal preference. I was tempted to pay quite a bit extra at the time for the 51 until I saw it in the flesh. Just too much black for my taste.

As for removing the slight blur - for DVDs, use a progressive scan capable player, or even better, invest in an upscaling player like the Oppo.

For Freeview/Sky etc, it's just how the TV does de-interlacing, it was as good as any other LCD I've personally seen. A progressive source should be virtually blur free though.

6. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the JVC TH-SW8 which supports progressive scan, but it still looks blurry.

Am well disappointed, cause I know the telly is soopa!!!

7. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
  8. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know its got progressive scan, but how do I find out if its an upscaling player???

9. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Currys do the 51

10. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I understood that there is also a difference (between 41 & 51) in the speakers - I read somewhere on this forum that the 41 had better/more powerful speakers.

Oh, and as for the Freeview, on my LE32R41BDX it is excellent (depending of course on the original source video quality). Note that I have a signal booster fitted to my aerial, and so get a very strong signal - don't know if that makes a difference....?

11. ThePimpmaster

ThePimpmaster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The speakers are the same. The sound on the set is verry good for LCD standards.

12. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Actually, I think he's right. I seem to remember seeing the specs and noticing that for sound they were different. It would make sense that the speakers are better on the "41" series, as there's a bigger speaker grille, so there's room for better speakers to go in.

13. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for answering my questions esp. Andrewfee with reg. component.

Mat