1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41B Dead Red Pixel + Ghosting/poor image on Xbox

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spikecast, Oct 25, 2005.

1. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Hi there. Took delivery of this TV over the weekend and after playing on my PC/Xbox I noticed a red dead pixel has "developed" and was not there when I first used the TV. Also the Xbox picture is terrible, any ideas why? the players on pro 5 for instance look all grainy and jaggy as well as some slight ghosting..am I looking at a faulty set? Could someone also recommended a pixel fixer program too? thanks!

2. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    :confused: anyone? really need some help here

3. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi i am also lookin into my first LCD and have an xbox, over last few days the samsung LE26R41B has took my eye as i can get it for discount n free delivery were i work. but upon reading your post i too have an xbox and pro evo 5 anyway you can resolve picture quality??? :lease:

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you connected your xbox to your lcd via scart then i would expect a crap picture as you are feeding your lcd and interlaced signal when really you want to feed it a progressive signal if possible. Thankfully this is possible with a PAL xbox that is chipped and if you use the Microsoft HiDef lead via component then the picture should be stunning, if your Xbox is already chipped and you using the HiDef lead and you have enabled 480p/720p correctly and the picture still sucks then i would return the set and that would solve your stuck pixel, where is the stuck pixel on the screen?

5. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just got my LE32R51BD, my Xbox picture is not bad, not as I expected though! I did find out today that there is only one RGB socket on the Samsung which is Ext1. Try running it through that one. I have not bought a component cable for the Xbox because the 360 is released soon but I run my PS2 through it and it looks great. :smashin:

As for the dead pixel, I'd take it back. The manufacturering process has been improved so much that this sort of thing should not happen. And when you pay that sort of money you want perfection. :devil:

6. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I`ll swap you a dead pixel for my annoying buzzing

7. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Don't forget, you don't have to get it chipped. You can get your PAL Xbox soft-modded to output in NTSC using a Datel Action Replay card, a copy of 'Splinter Cell' (Only the original 'non-classics' version) and a couple of easily obtainable files from the internet. I did this myself, it's a painless, quick and easy process and best of all it isn't really illegal so you won't get banned from Xbox Live. You won't be able to play US games on your soft-modded Xbox but you can output in 480p/720p/1080i using your PAL games through the Hi-Def Component leads.

It is quite possibly the most ingenious Xbox upgrade ever devised. Simple and very effective!

8. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    The Pixel is in the top right of the screen about 2 inches down...any ideas on getting it removed? Samsung claimed they would only "rapair" it and not replace it? Is this BS or is this true? I find it very annoying on lighter backgrounds. Ebuyer haven't responded to me so I'm phoning them tomorrow and going for the new 26" sharp LCD.

9. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry Spikecast if i were you i wouldn't mention that you have a dead pixel and just try and return the tv on the grounds that you are not happy with the overall quality of the set as one dead pixel is not classified as faulty so it really is down to the discretion of the retailer whether he gives you another one but then what if the replacement has 2 dead pixels? Its one fiscious circle and one of the reasons why i have difficulty subscribing to LCDs at all but when there is no alternatives its fustrating.

10. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi reading into this thread as i have an unmodded xbox and lookin into LCD would yous recommend LCD over CRT????? and can someone who knows about soft modding xbox e-mail me the details please.

11. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All i will say is when i got the 32" version xbox through RGB and Svid was so ****, i was close to thorwing the telly out in the window. Got updated software from sammy and all seemed to be fixed! Next day i soft modded and used through component, and best pic i have seen

12. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    i play pro evo most and watch alot of football, do i really need to soft mod xbox to get best picture??

13. J.Glen

J.Glen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh,give me a break,i have connected my xbox to my Hitachi via scart and the picture is excellent,crisp and with no ghoting.

Maybe his tv has a flw or something....

14. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    ah i am still gonna go for a crt ! :thumbsup: sorry but not enough success stories with LCDs to make me get one just yet. now can anyone recommend a good CRT 28"/32"

15. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please read this and take it in.

There is some peeps on here that say the sammy is **** for RGB and Svid. Well thats not true and i have proof. I dont want to sound arrogant, so please accept this in a friendly manner.

I got my 32" freeview version and I could not play Forza, RSC2 and Halo 2 as the picture was so **** through RGB and S VID. This is not normal. The picture should be good for both rgb and svid. However Tiger woods played crystal but right over on the right hand side of the screen, black border on left.

I phoned sammy up and they send me software update. I then did this and rgb and scart worked as well as they should do. I could play my xbox again. The problem was fixed but the next day i decided to soft mod my xbox as i wanted to see it in HD.

If you are having issues with rgb and svid i.e so badly ghosting, then call sammy up and demand the update as it should fix it, like it did mine. Dont listen to the peeps that say "if you feed it a **** signal then it will be ****". Whats the point of spending £840 for tv that cant display rgb? GET THE UPGRADE, please trust me it sorted mine out a treat.

Like i said i'm not having a go at anyone and please take the above as nice, not nasty.

chris,.

16. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Still waiting for my RMA to be sorted from Ebuyer, they will refund me if it's faulty (which it is) but I dunno how long I'm gonna be without my TV for. As soon as the RMA is approved I've gotta ring them and arrange collection.