1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE26R41B - Annoying sound from speakers

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Dan_O, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Dan_O

Dan_O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently bought a shiny new Samsung LCD TV (LE26R41B) and I've been generally impressed with it (especially when connected to my PC), but since day one I've noticed an annoying, if not that loud, sound coming from the speakers, like a pulsating white noise. It's there whenever the TV is switched on, and seems to speed up when in HDMI mode. Muting the TV doesn't get rid of it. The only time it stops (though very briefly) is when you press a remote option and a TV window pops up (for some strange reason). The noise isn't so loud it spoils all viewing, but it's annoying for quiet DVD moments.

Would be very grateful if somebody could tell me if they have a similar sound coming from their Samsung LCD - maybe I'm alone.

With regards to the TV in general, Freeview quality is a big step down from my old wide CRT (to be honest), DVD is slightly better (tho dont bother with the Samsung HD850 step up conversion HDMI DVD player like I did - couldn't tell the difference compared to old DVD player through RGB :( ), but the PC output is fantastic. Can't wait for the Xbox 360 now !

Cheers,

Dan

2. Dan_O

Dan_O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, could somebody please let me know if they dont have noise from the speakers when in HDMI mode, with the sound muted (with the LE26R41B or similar). Just a quick, "no my LE**R41B doesn't have that problem" would be cool. Would be very grateful. Need to know if I need a replacement or not.

Thanks,

Dan

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    I've got the Freeview version ( the LE26R41BD ) and don't have that problem on mine. Seems like it might be a fault with the TV's speakers.

4. Dan_O

Dan_O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great, thanks for that. Back to Amazon it goes then...

5. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    No problem with mine either (LE-26R41BD). When muted on any input source it's silent as you'd expect.

6. Dan_O

Dan_O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Going to get myself a refund, since Amazon dont have any in stock for a replacement. Will probably get one from another source.

Tempted to go for 32 inch next time actually (was torn between the two first time round). Only problem is that the poor Freeview picture quality is going be magnified that much more.

Does the inbuilt Freeview give a better performance than an external freeview connected via RGB ? Suppose most people wouldn't know. I have a decent Sony freeview unit, but I was shocked by all the artefacts and the slight blurring in movement on the LCD - would consider switching to the BD version instead if that is better.

Dan