samsung Le26R41 reviews

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by si_owen, Mar 8, 2006.

Tags:
  1. si_owen

si_owen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a new HD LCD and was wandering if anyone knew much about the samsung Le26R41, issues such as reliabilty compatability and connectability.

for example does the tv come with a dvi connection, I have looked at numerous sites including samsung's own and have not been able to find out.

any reviews or news would be greatly appreciated.

2. Vallyboy

Vallyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good review here.

Few problems with a batch mid/late '05 but all seems fine now from what I read. Very popular unit.

3. Teppic

Teppic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'd have a good search around the forum for "Samsung R41" first. You'll find very conflicting reports, but you'll also find all the information you could ever need (or want) on all the issues you mention. It's a lot to read through, but i'd say it's also pretty essential reading too.

None of the R41 models have a DVI connection as such. They have both a VGA and a HDMI socket.

4. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As an owner of the same model i reccomend it.My first set was faulty, it had a white flicking line at the top of the screen,but in my opinion for the price it is an exceptional lcd even with the fault. the picture is chrystal clear for digital tv depending on the quallity of the transmition and dvd play back also excellent(i have my dvd connected by component lead). i have had quite a few lcds in the past and without doubt this is the best ive had.I eventually got it swopped because of the fault and i could have thought well i'll pay the extra and get a top brand model, but because of the performance of this set i stuck with the same one and im glad i did because now without the fault its perfect. Its also a very smart looking set. I give it 5 :) :) :) :) :) out of 5.

5. EVOLUTION001

EVOLUTION001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Markj40, sorry to interrupt the thread, but this white flicker at the top of the screen you mentioned, which inputs did you notice it on and was it constant?

It's just that i have this white flickering line occassionaly when i'm watching Freeview channels, i've heard it mentioned before but I don't know how severe it needs to be to warrant a fault.

6. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,yes it was a constant white flicking line and a few other people have had it too. There has been a thread about it which i came accross and glad i did becauase i thought it was a transmition problem but its not its a fault with the tv. so if yours is still in waranty push for an exchange.....cheers mark

7. EVOLUTION001

EVOLUTION001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just requested a replacement from Freemans as mine is still within the 14 days home approval period. I going to hold onto both until I can confirm that the new one is problem free.