Samsung LE26R hdtv models

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Kurt82, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Kurt82

Kurt82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im after getting a Samsung 26" model but im very confused about all the different models, so far I have these on my list:
    le26r, 41bx, 41b, 41 bd, 51 bx, 51b.

Does anyone know the difference between them? i've searched for hours and cant find any usefull information (even on sammy website :()

Thanks in advance :D

2. Tokyo_Postcode

Tokyo_Postcode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the proud owner of an LE26R51BD, I did a fair bit of research before taking the plunge. To the best of my knowledge, the differences are as follows:

LE26RxxB : Sets ending in B don't have the built in freeview tuner.
    LE26RxxBD : Have the freeview tuner
    LE26RxxBDX : Have the freeview tuner (i.e. identical to LE26RxxBD)

The 41 series have a response time of 12ms whereas the 51 series are 8ms. There's plenty of debate about this, but having seen it reported directly from Samsung I tend to believe it.

The 51's also come with the latest firmware alreay installed, whereas the 41 sets may need to be upgraded manually. The latest firmware fixes the screen tear issue. There's a massive thread about this in the LCD section.

I also read somewhere that the 51's have slightly improved PIP functionalty.

Finally, there are some minor cosmetic differences between the two sets.

Hope this helps. If you go ahead and get any of the Sammy 26's, you won't be disappointed :)

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I saw a 32" version of this TV with a DVB tuner at the weekend just gone. A friend picked one up from his local Co-Op for £900!!

I took my Linkplayer round to check out its capabilities in HiDef and sure enough - great pictures from the 1080i material I had, great picture!

I would certainly consider this TV in the future.

Hope this helps.

Tone

4. Kurt82

Kurt82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, I brought a 2641bx, Image on most sky channels isnt brilliant but dvds and pc usage is amazing. I've downloaded alot of HD demo videos and they are stunning.

For this firmware upgrade do I need to download the firware or is it something a engineer has to come out and do?

5. Clank

Clank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dont want to start a new thread as this is sort of related.

Does anybody know the difference between these Samsungs:

LE32M51B
    and
    LE32R51B
    Both can be found here... http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10616 .
    Im going to get one probably from Komplett but the M is €200 more expensive, why?

Both are supposed to have same connections, same contrast ratio, brightness, screen size, response time etc,.

6. Crumpets

Crumpets

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Am after the answer to the same question as above, does anybody know? :lease: