Samsung LE26M51 - best place for a resonable warranty?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by dan653, Mar 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dan653

dan653

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Ok, so after several weeks of lurking i've finally decided to register and post.

After much reading (especially the Samsung owners thread) and looking at the R41 at work, i've decided to go for something just that little bit more special; the M51 (mainly because it looks nicer and the faster response time).

So i was wondering if any LE26M51 owners would mind posting how much they paid for it, where and what warranty they got.

The only places i've found it so far are Komplett (cant find any warranty info on the site), pixmania (extended 2yr warranty, but 2nd year you have to pay to send it to France??!) and PRCdirect.co.uk (offer various ext. warranties at a price)

*sorry if i seem way too bothered about this warranty nonsense but i get John Lewis staff discount (and the legendary 5yr warranty with TV's) but they dont stock this one or any others in my price range, and it just miffs me that no one else seems to offer a free warranty above the 1 year manufacturer's

2. rob_brum

rob_brum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +659
    I have been looking at this tv as well, use pricerunner.co.uk/google etc, they usually come up with the cheapest, pixmania alse seems cheap

3. SimonMac

SimonMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whats the best price you've found for it?

4. dan653

dan653

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    it seems £700 (give or take £20) is the going rate. pixmania seems the cheapest overal or komplett has an ex-display for even cheaper, but like i said no warranty information from them.

it's the warranty i'm really bothered about though, without paying like an extra £200 and pushing it way out of my budget, your thoughts?:lease: