1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE23T51B - Good for gaming?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Shook, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Shook

Shook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

My first noob post.

I've seen the Samsung LE23T51B and I really like the look of it. I'll be using it mostly for gaming with my XBox.

Here it is

Will it be any good?

I've noticed the new 'T' range are slightly cheaper than the 'R' range, does anyone know where the corners have been cut?

Any help much appreciated.

s

2. guiliano

guiliano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shook, T range and R range are of the same solutions, the only difference is apperance and price. At least in China they are same.

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    According to the specs on DigiUk's web site there is another major difference. It says that the new LE23T51B comes with a DVI-D connection and is HD ready. The LE23R51B does not have a DVI or an HDMI connection and is not HD ready. If this is true then the new "T" model has a better spec then the older "R" model at a lower price.

4. donkeymagic

donkeymagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shook, I am also looking at this 23" T model. DigiUk are waiting for stock. Should be available from mid October. If you find anyone who has stock I'd appreciate a post.

5. A O Malley

A O Malley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The T looks like the old A series in black, lower contrast and brightness then the R, but the T has a DVI connection.

6. donkeymagic

donkeymagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know if there are any shops with stock on this Samsung LE23T51B. I think this is the LCD for me but I may change my mind (again) if I have to wait
    3 weeks for DIgiUk to have stock.

7. Shook

Shook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm pretty much certain this is the one for me. I've done as much research as I can without actually having a set to look at in front of me. It really does look like a bargain (and cosmetically it's a winner). I'm going to use it with an XBox 360 and it seems to have all the neccessaries.

For those interested, it does appear that it won't be available until mid-october, but I'm prepared to wait.

I'll prob get it from DigiUK too...

thanks all.

s

8. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone heard any news on this display? I'm very interested in buying one for use with the Xbox 360 and PC as well. It seems to best fit into my criteria out of all the LCD displays I've seen.

9. lightbulb

lightbulb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    After trawling this board considering the LE23R51B and the 41B, I wanted something that could carry HDCP over at least a DVI so as to add a bit of futureproofing..does this model support HDCP? This looks like the one for the Xbox 360 especially as it seems to have a bargain price, am I missing something? :)

Not much available on this forum with regard to the LE23T51B.
    Has anyone bought this display since?
    What do you think of it?
    Is it an old or discontinued model? :confused:

TIA :):)

10. The Codfather

The Codfather
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry to bump this, but I was wondering about this set, I'm pretty certain that this fulfills everything I'd need in a HDTV for me (Mainly for gaming with the odd DVD every now and then) and it seems like an absolute bargain for all it has (I've seen prices range from £420 to £480)

So I was just wondering does anyone have this set and what do you think of it?

Any recommendations on a decent place to pick this up would also be welcomed :)