Samsung le23r41 LCD purchase

Scott23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. Probably repeating lots of other threads but has anyone purchased one of these screens?

I am thinking of buying one but would like this one for the price but the 26inch screen version is also very tempting due to the HDMI input, etc. Any screen shots of the picture quality would also be really useful. If not these screens which one would you recommend (I want a HD ready LCD if possible with a budget of up to £650).

Typical user - I want to watch TV, use a PC on it as well as a Gamecube/PS2 and PS3/Xbox 360 when released. My DVD player does progressive scan and HD (it is a sony model).

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

Go for the 26" version - available for around £650 if you do some searching on the web.

It is HD Ready which must make it more appealing than the 23" one. Also, would advise you go for the one ending in either BD or BDX as they include a Freeview Tuner - you are then future-proofed.

Best of luck.
Cheers,

Martin.

I have read somewhere that the 23inch version is HD ready through the component input but have not had this set in stone.

This is why I fancy getting the 23inch version as it is HD ready (I think!! :confused: ). It is going in a large kitchen with a desk at the point where the LCD will go with a computer there. The consoles will also be going in there.

Thanks for the opinion. Do you have the 26inch version? Do you have any piccies of the image quality on it?

Cheers

Scott

Just bumping this up. Would love a reply as I am getting very close to purchasing one of these. The 26 inch version won't fit on the worktop in my kitchen due to the cupboards above sitting too low.

I have read on all the electrical websites that the le23r41b is a HD ready TV but it doesn't seem to go up to 1080i resolution. Can anyone back this up?

Anyone out there got one of these LCD screens? If so please add a post to tell me what your impressions are of the screen.

Cheers

Scott :)

The 23" is not HD ready as it has no HDMI or DVI connection. By definition HD ready means the inclusion of a component input as well as an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. For example Sky TV's HD service when it is introduced next year will require an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. The 26" is HD ready as it includes an HDCP-HDMI connection.

Scott23, Moogle is 100% correct in what he is saying - you will get HD via component but there is no HDMI connection on the 23" set which means it is not HD Ready.

Although SKy have said that their first batch of HD STB's will include component out, there will still be programmes that will require, for copyright protection, HDCP, which is only available with HDMI and some DVI connections.

Cheers,

Martin.

Yes I should have mentioned that too. Thanks for clarifying Martin. :thumbsup: Essentially there are LCD TV's out there that claim to be HD ready but in effect are not as they don't meet the minimum standards. Some manufacturers seem to think just because their TV has component inputs and/or a standard non-HDCP digital input it is still HD ready.

I am on the verge of buying my first LCD TV as second set for the bedroom mainly for gaming and DVD use but I've decided that if I do buy one it will be true HD ready so it is future proof. I'm looking at most likely getting the Samsung LE26R41BD as it seems to be the best one that fits my budget.

Moogle said:
I am on the verge of buying my first LCD TV as second set for the bedroom mainly for gaming and DVD use but I've decided that if I do buy one it will be true HD ready so it is future proof. I'm looking at most likely getting the Samsung LE26R41BD as it seems to be the best one that fits my budget.

I am exactly the same as you other than I don't want it for games. I was very close to buying the new JVC 26" HD LCD but decided that the asking price was a bit on the high side for a second TV.

All the best when you get it. :) :) :)

Cheers,

Martin.

Thanks for the advice. It looks like the Le26r41 then. Shame really as it will be a real struggle to fit the le26 into the space in the kitchen for the screen. I will make it happen though - keep some space for my consoles :)

Isn't it really annoying when sellers don't make their product listings clear about HD ready and stuff like that!??

Cheers

Scott

Yeah, you're certainly right about the unclear product listings Scott - I wonder how much the law would get involved here and how much it's "buyer beware"?

Anyway, enjoy the set when you get it. Having said that, it seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment - let me know how you get on acquiring one.

Cheers,

Martin.

hmm im well confused. ive just bought the le23r41 after looking on hundreds of websites and all saying that it is HD Ready! but now i have read this i take it is not? so would my new xbox 360 ill soon be getting work on the hdtv option? thats the only reason i bought this tv really!!! or is it £500 down the drain???

The 23" is not HD ready as it has no HDMI or DVI connection. By definition HD ready means the inclusion of a component input as well as an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. For example Sky TV's HD service when it is introduced next year will require an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. The 26" is HD ready as it includes an HDCP-HDMI connection.

The 23" is not fully "HD ready" but it will accept a HD input from the 360 via the conponent connection.

so my tv will be just like my mates LE23T51B when using the 360?

oh and whats a component connection???

Just the man i want to speak to, does the Xbox 360 look good on your mates LE23T51B?? as i am just like you, debating on whether to get the screen you are looking at (even if it doesnt have HDMI or DVI) or the LE23T51B as it has DVI so i can link my DVD player to it.
P.S. Soz i cant help you with your question, but at least your not the only one in the same situation lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom