Samsung LE22S86BDX Any Good Any Reports

HowPts

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm after a reasonable 22” for the bedroom, seen this on Play.com which at the time of posting this it is not available yet, I have tried the LG 22” which had terrible back light bleed and an analogue tuner hopefully this should be better

I'm after a reasonable 22” for the bedroom, seen this on Play.com which at the time of posting this it is not available yet, I have tried the LG 22” which had terrible back light bleed and an analogue tuner hopefully this should be better

All 22" TV had TN panels - will be the same effect as you saw on LG

That’s something I didn’t relies (TN panels at 22”), which size do the decent panels start at then, I take it we are talking about S-IPS and S-PVA panels

So is the S-IPS from 23” just major brands, because looking on the specs most LCD monitors tell you the panel type but not so widely published on the TV’s well that’s what I have found anyway

I found a Toshiba 23W330DB which has most of the features I want but the contrast ratio is a little poor but can’t find out what panel is used in it either.

I found a Toshiba 23W330DB which has most of the features I want but the contrast ratio is a little poor but can’t find out what panel is used in it either.

I think only the panasonic 23" has the S-IPS panel, happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. I'm also in the market for a screen this size for the kitchen.

Hi thanks bigtim hope we can compare notes if that’s OK don’t go for LG back bleed is terrible, once I have posted this I will have a look at the Panasonic 23”

I found this about the Panasonic TX-23LXD50 where did you find what panel was used?
Pros
+ To sum up the Panasonic TX23LXD50 would be that it is a great all rounder and tics the boxes in all areas from picture quality, sound, looks and most important that it won’t be out of date by technology advances, so it will last for years which is important when parting with your cash these days.

Cons
- Where could Panasonic go wrong with this product? Only by living with this TV could I find fault. First there were no instructions on how to remove the base to prepare for wall mounting in any of the manuals, and when the base is finally removed there is an unsightly gap below.

- Panasonic should supply a cover to hide this, as wall mounting these TV’s is so popular.

- The main controls such as the power and channel shift buttons are on the top of the TV, which when wall mounted would have been better placed on the side. Secondly the remote sensor on the TV, the angle required between the remote and the sensor has to be very narrow to work, so get the best seat in the house if you are the remote hugger in the house, otherwise it’s no use to you.

Sorry I picked up on an old model is the Panasonic TX23LXD60

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom