Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung LE20S51B and Low Resolution

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by fourmthree, Oct 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fourmthree

fourmthree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've decided to hold off the 26" Samsung until the Milano range comes down in price and my wife just bought me the Samsung LE20S51B as a "filler".

The issue is that I mostly play games on my TV's and having had a decent sitting with the LE20S51B last night, the resolution (640 x 480) isn't that pleasing on the eye - making my Xbox titles look like N64 ones.

I've only had the unit one day so I'm wondering what my hi-res alternatives are? I doubt that I can increase resolution any and I'm already using a top quality RGB cable.

As an example, am I better off getting a similar sized TFT instead? The Samsung Syncmaster 910MP has a built in TV tuner with a max resolution of 1280 x 1024 and a response rate of 8ms.

Any advice is most appreciated!

EDIT:
    I've sent this badboy back and gotten the Toshiba 20LW56 instead. Case closed!