Samsung LE-F86 Series Thread (100Hz, Auto Motion Plus, 25.000:1 Contrast Ratio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjay77

Well guys you will all be very surprised to find out that Samsung CS and there tech agent have done it again.

Brief resume of the problem.

Purchased 22nd March from Crampton & Moore

Humbars and 24hz flicker and TBE and or tearing which is really bad on HD.

Now first visit was for firmware back in June, did not fix problem with TBe but the humbars were better, this was to 1008

2nd visit had to take TV back to repair shop and fitted main board and said nothing wrong with it and I quote as per the service report. 'Xbox not compatible with the TV'

3rd Visit upgraded to 1009 but the TBE was still there so said they would order a new mainboard.

4th Visit fitted new main board (different engineer) Tested and humbars were back and tbe still there.

Now here is the choaker, the 4th engineers visit the guy was looking for the firmware in the DTV system menu, i told him that was the DVBT software version he said no it isnt its the only way to find the version. Nob head, he looked in the service menu and it was back to 1007, hence why now the humbars are back.

After this he said that there was no more they could do and that they would put in there report that they are unable to repair the problem.

Upon speaking with samsung again today to get my c/note, they spoke with the service centre and the answer that came back was 1st repair complete, 2nd report no fault found and complete, 3rd/4th repair complete and main board fitted as a precaution and xbox not compatible

They then said I could only have another repair or speak to some techy no-body to try and resolve the issue with the tv.

I got so angry

Have spoken with Crampton who are trying to deal with.

This is where I think I stand.

Firstly I can show the humbars on my PS3 will try the flicker on wall-e 24hz. Plus the TBE is evident on my hd drive (360)

2nd I believe I am within my right as I reported the fault within the first 3 months that I can refuse the product under sales and supply of goods act, as the tv having the fault as new, and to refuse the product as faulty.

Is this the concensus as I dont really want to get shirty with Crampton as they have been nothing but helpfull to date.

Thx for any advice peeps.

Edit:

Have spoken with Crampton again and a very helpful young lady has had the same lack of assistance from Samsung, she got the xbox not compatible cobblers too and made her thoughts known to them.

Apparently the Sammy rep is going in on monday so he is going to get a barrage of abuse.

Lets hope they get somewhere with him.

Ha! Exaclty what part of the XBox360 is not compatible with the TV - they don't half spin some [Moderator comment: word removed, Circumventing the swear filter].

I would probably keep getting Samsung to arrange repairs cos it costs them loads a money, they will eventually give in, but if you get their front line support to put you through to a senior customer care agent you may be luck and actually get it resolved without too much hassle if you can argue well with them, there are a couple of their senior customer care agents who definitely know of the issues with the TV. One of them was very helpful to me and when I called I just said immidiately that I would liike to be passed to her. I think her name was Stacey, but not 100% sure. If I remember and it wasn't her I will let you know.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

VoodooDoctor

Need a bit of help as I'm stumped.

I have the Samsung F86 TV and a Harmony 1000 Universal remote. This is all setup to use Sky HD to watch TV. The Sky HD is linked to my Onkyo 905 (via HDMI) and then goes out to the TV to input HDMI1. Whenever I use the remote to switch it all on, the TV is switched onto HDMI2 even though the remote is configured to put it on to HDMI1. I've tried sending a second signal to put it onto HDMI1 but it doesn't work.

Has anyone got a solution for this?

Hargen

Novice Member
Ha! Exaclty what part of the XBox360 is not compatible with the TV - they don't half spin some s"!T.

I would probably keep getting Samsung to arrange repairs cos it costs them loads a money, they will eventually give in, but if you get their front line support to put you through to a senior customer care agent you may be luck and actually get it resolved without too much hassle if you can argue well with them, there are a couple of their senior customer care agents who definitely know of the issues with the TV. One of them was very helpful to me and when I called I just said immidiately that I would liike to be passed to her. I think her name was Stacey, but not 100% sure. If I remember and it wasn't her I will let you know.

Good luck

Thx mate I think Crampton will give their rep hell on monday, so should be ok I think, but hey if I have to have another repair that will then be the 3rd as the CS are saying that because the 2nd was no fault found it did not count. Crampton are saying it cant suddenly not have a fault on 2nd visit and then surprise its back on 3rd.

I will keep you all in the frame.

Hargen

Novice Member
will i get the new firmware just by ringing and saying i want it

Should do, but I would say that you have 24hz flicker or humbars that will cover you.

z3phyr04

Standard Member
Hey, does anybody know how to fix a problem with this TV if used in conjunction with a HTPC via DVI --> HDMI in HDMI2 the TV displays fine 1920x1080 @ 60Hz but if put into 24Hz so I could watch 1080p24 the desktop becomes larger than the screen but display shows 1920x1080?

It's using 1007 and I also see nasty humbars at 24Hz to. Also, I use Sky HD with this setup (no freeview in the house either) and occasionally when watching SD content it's almost like the image slows down and then speeds back up again on occasion? Have to turn both the TV and Sky off for 20 minutes~ to fix that one each time. :(

Aside from that, love this TV and it's dutifully given me hours of entertainment since my purchase back in January, just really want to work out these few niggles.

Does this 1009 version I've heard about reading this thread fix any of these and is there any way to get this update without bothering to get an engineer since they bothered to put a SW upgrade option in the menu..?

D

DementED

Hey, does anybody know how to fix a problem with this TV if used in conjunction with a HTPC via DVI --> HDMI in HDMI2 the TV displays fine 1920x1080 @ 60Hz but if put into 24Hz so I could watch 1080p24 the desktop becomes larger than the screen but display shows 1920x1080?

It's using 1007 and I also see nasty humbars at 24Hz to. Also, I use Sky HD with this setup (no freeview in the house either) and occasionally when watching SD content it's almost like the image slows down and then speeds back up again on occasion? Have to turn both the TV and Sky off for 20 minutes~ to fix that one each time. :(

Aside from that, love this TV and it's dutifully given me hours of entertainment since my purchase back in January, just really want to work out these few niggles.

Does this 1009 version I've heard about reading this thread fix any of these and is there any way to get this update without bothering to get an engineer since they bothered to put a SW upgrade option in the menu..?

For 1080p24 on an HTPC, you need to set the screen size to "Just Scan".

I've got the same issues as reported on here: TBE, flicker, slowdown, and also audio out of sync with picture. I have version SQ01. DK audio changed the mainboard twice but this created new problems. VisualFX has tried to upgrade the firmware and change the mainboard but neither option worked so I am stuck with the mainboard put in by DK and firmware 1006.1. I first reported the problem in June 2008. Visual FX have had 2 visits and DK audio have been 4 times. Samsung refuse to replace/refund the TV. I am losing my patience :mad: but encouraged that some people have got a good result from Samsung in the end. It gives me hope! :)

enjay77

I've got the same issues as reported on here: TBE, flicker, slowdown, and also audio out of sync with picture. I have version SQ01. DK audio changed the mainboard twice but this created new problems. VisualFX has tried to upgrade the firmware and change the mainboard but neither option worked so I am stuck with the mainboard put in by DK and firmware 1006.1. I first reported the problem in June 2008. Visual FX have had 2 visits and DK audio have been 4 times. Samsung refuse to replace/refund the TV. I am losing my patience :mad: but encouraged that some people have got a good result from Samsung in the end. It gives me hope! :)

Keep at it - took me 13 months to get a refund - also, I believe 1007.1 is the latest f/w for SQ01 sets :thumbsup:

Hargen

Novice Member

I would just bypass Samsung and take it back to where you bought it, say that the Sales and supply of goods act states that if the product develops a fault within the first six months it is deemed that it was sold with the fault and as such is subject to be refused as faulty. Get them to refund you and get a different telly, tell them that you will purchase another tv from them so they are not loosing out, if they say you have to deal with Samsung tell them politely that your contract is with them and Samsung has had more that enough opportunities to repair the faults. If they still refuse, issue them with a small claims court claim, then watch them sort it quicker than you can say humbars.

Go in with all the repair dates and what was done, just so you dont get caught out if they ask you questions.

Hargen

Novice Member
Just wanted to tell you all that I am tomorrow going to be taking delivery of a new tv, the 46F is going back and I am getting an A786 in replacement, lets hope that it lives up to what I think it will.

Thanks to all in this forum for the help that was offered.
:hiya:

z3phyr04

Standard Member
Wow, can't believe I never thought to do that with HTPC like I have with Sky HD. :rotfl:
In fact, it works near perfect now @ 24Hz. I only have the occasional flicker to deal with but the humbars seem to be under control now it's on Just Scan. :eek:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom