Samsung LE-A780 SERIES LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new series due to be presented at IFA in August!They have LED backlight and 2million contrast.They are coming at 40",46"

SPECS
1080p
LED backlight
FULL HD
Dynamic contrast 2.000.000:1
Ultra Clear panel
1080 24p real movie
100Hz motion plus
Wide colour enchancer 2
DNIe pro
RMS 2x10watt
SRS tru surround
Down firing speaker
Sub woofer
DVB-T
4x HDMI 1.3
Entertainment mode

How much will this cost?

No idea as yet but it's encouraging that it's LED backlit because as a 7 series it will probably be cheaper than the forthcoming 9 series successor to the F96, the A950.

We should get an idea of pricing at IFA 2008 which starts on August 29th.

Well done again Chris on the quick thread start

:smashin:

Thanks!I think its really good news that the TOC will be in blue,much better than the red.As for the pricing its too early I think

I have to say, the new samsungs are looking better and better. Love the blue lighting. Cheers Chris for getting on top of these threads. :smashin:

Hi.

What's the advantage with the new LED backlight feature?

True black with absolute 0 backlight can be achieved on screen. Automatic backlight dimming in dark parts (not the whole screen is dimmed) in (say) movies to give the deepest blacks possible. It basically solves the achilles heel of lcds, which is poor black levels due to backlighting.

Last edited:
I have to say, the new samsungs are looking better and better. Love the blue lighting. Cheers Chris for getting on top of these threads. :smashin:

True black with absolute 0 backlight can be achieved on screen. Automatic backlight dimming in dark parts (not the whole screen is dimmed) in (say) movies to give the deepest blacks possible. It basically solves the achilles heel of lcds, which is poor black levels due to backlighting.

Wow, sounds great. As even with the latest Sammy's great black levels, they can look a bit grey if you are watching in the dark.

what also is in need of clarification is whether it will have the local dimming or not.I think its not going to come considering that the A780 has to be cheaper than A950 which has it

I have to say, the new samsungs are looking better and better. Love the blue lighting ....

They do look very suave.

As for the Blue, just to clarify this isn't lighting, its actually a clear portion of the bezel with a Blue dye injected through the moulding.

Very classy but I do personally prefer the Red accent of the 750.

Having said that, I'd buy a TV with LED backlighting in a minute if it were within my budget.

what also is in need of clarification is whether it will have the local dimming or not ....

The good news Chris is that according to that German website the 780 has a, "LED Local Dimming Backlight".

Wow, that tv looks stunning. Any idea of when this lcd will be available on the market?

you british guys do always get new samsung products before the scandinavian people :/

now that is awesome!

now shall i wait for this tv or just get the a656 lol

Last edited:
I'll wait for A780 now. A 46" A780 would be awesome I guess :)

they are coming in end of august/september

Hi,

Looks wise, to me it is just plain boring - I was hoping the Samsung would not have such ridiculously wide bezels on their top models - it just makes the whole set much bigger than necessary imho. My dream is to have a tv with no bezel at all!

Suave!

If you guys have seen the info on the A780 on the german Samsung website, do you agree it won't be a 46" of the A780 in September!?

It looks like the following models will be available in September:

A750 (LCD) in 40", 46" and 52"
A750 (Plasma) in 50" and 63"
A780 in 40"

yeah I noticed that yesterday there will be only a 40A780

According to the documents at:
http://presse.samsung.de/news/ifa_pressemappe.aspx

It is so that the A780 will be available in September in a 40" size. According to the same documents the A750 will also be available in September but in 40", 46" and 52" sizes. The 950 is also slated for a September release in 46" and 55" sizes.

The PDFs also states that the A780 will have LED local dimming and that it will be 2160 LEDs in the panel.

One thing that I don't know though, is what is the difference between Wiselink (USB 2.0) and Wiselink Pro? Cause comparing the specs of the A780 and the A950 that, more or less, seems to be the only difference!?

Last edited:
this is the key!the wiselink pro allows to play videos and other multimedia features while the simple wiselink just photos/music

now that is awesome!

now shall i wait for this tv or just get the a656 lol

go borrow one from costco as they have a 90 day no quibble refund
iv just took my 46inc 656 back and bought another 46 and that will go back in 85 days ready for the 780 :thumbsup:

If the new series of Samsungs is due out in september does that mean the current 6 series will see a price drop around then. If so do you think it will be a particularly large one that would make buying one right now seem like a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom