Samsung LE-A656 FULL HD 100Hz(50.000:1 CONTRAST,USB,6ms RESPONSE TIME)*FAQ 1st Post*

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then it would read like your English ;) (note: that was a joke!)

I corrected the mistake in the above post:rotfl:

Pics are good though. :)

As is the video.

Well done Sega and welcome.

Looks much much better on the pic wth a rectangled base instead of oval:thumbsup:

The rectangle base is the series 7. This makes me think even more that the A656 is the natural replacement for the M8 series and the 7 series ultimately replacing the F86 (albeit the 7 series looks like it will be more expensive at launch).

The actual replacement for M8 series is A557/559,but also seems like that 656 is a series extension and 7series is the F8 replacement.Dont to forget the DLNA compliance that 7 series have

Keep the info coming guys, this is great stuff.
We're looking at the 52" version of the 650 to replace our trusty 40W2000. Looking at the MSRP of the 40", it looks like the pricing could be quite keen on these.
Let's hope 'hum bars' are a thing of the past with this new generation of panels.

Thanks

Paul

wonder if it will have the blue led lights like the f86, my missus thinks theyre cool,[me too].

Looking at pictures and videos, there is no blue light. It sounds like it has been replaced with an illuminated red strip on the bezel. It is said in the video from lesnumeriques.com that the red part on the bezel is illuminated and cannot be switched off :mad:.

Also it would be interesting to discover whether this model has a subwoofer speaker, as this really makes a difference to the weightiness of the sound on the F86.

On the French forum, it is said that 7 series has a subwoofer whereas 6 series hasn't. Their source: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/01/samsungs_highend_lcds_for_2008.html

Looking at pictures and videos, there is no blue light. It sounds like it has been replaced with an illuminated red strip on the bezel. It is said in the video from lesnumeriques.com that the red part on the bezel is illuminated and cannot be switched off :mad:.

Yes it's right and they said that illuminated red strip run with the screen contrast in live, but it is not like "ambilight," it' s more discret.

Yes this is the thread for 6 series,but the european models ar 100Hz,in US they are 120Hz,because after the double its 120Hz(in us the basic is 60Hz vs 50Hz the PAL)

im assuming that it can be wall mounted like the f86, i hope so anyway. it looks like it has downward firing speakers like the M series is this better than the side mounted ones on f86.

On the French forum, it is said that 7 series has a subwoofer whereas 6 series hasn't. Their source: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/01/samsungs_highend_lcds_for_2008.html

Cheers Yoda ..... as I've said from the start the 7 series seems more like the upgraded model of the F86 and the 6 series the upgraded M8.

This is more evidence.

Also, let's not get confused by the lesnumeriques link. The TV in the pictures with the rectangular base is the 7 series (for which there is not a separate thread yet).

The one at the start of the video with the oval base is the one in this thread the A656 (or 6 series). I'm not saying there isn't a red light on it, but I don't see it on the video.

If there is any "red strip" it looks like it might be on the 7 series as per the second picture on the link.

I've been waiting for new samsung tv since i had 6 f86 at home :) will get this one on lauch, hopefully they (samsung) will brake it after I buy it ;)

Do you think they will use 10bit panels with this one? As far i understand 6 and 7 series are the same only diference is that 7 series has subwoofer and 1GB of internal memory, right?

Yep thats the difference also 7 series is DLNA compliant.Also I think they will use 10bit panels and stop the panel games like with the M8

Cheers Yoda ..... as I've said from the start the 7 series seems more like the upgraded model of the F86 and the 6 series the upgraded M8.

This is more evidence.

Also, let's not get confused by the lesnumeriques link. The TV in the pictures with the rectangular base is the 7 series (for which there is not a separate thread yet).

The one at the start of the video with the oval base is the one in this thread the A656 (or 6 series). I'm not saying there isn't a red light on it, but I don't see it on the video.

If there is any "red strip" it looks like it might be on the 7 series as per the second picture on the link.

the 6 and 7 series have red strip !
my french is very good :lesson:

I found this you tube video about samsung 2008 lcd lineup, only tv shown is 7 series but if someone is intrested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx8pgU19kM

I found front hires pic of 6 series:

http://presse.samsung.de/webdownloads/pressedownloads/LCD650_46_front (350dpi).JPG

Some other pictures:

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=serie6hf7.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0990rd4.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0991cl7.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0992wz5.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0994xy9.jpg

And I think thats the remote for 6 series:

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fernbedienungxw2.jpg

Also found dimensions for 6 series (in german but it looks obvious so didnt translate ;):

Technische Daten vom LE52A656/LE46A656/LE40A656:

Ultra Clear Panel mit 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
Dynamic Contrast 50000:1
Teletext mit 1000 Seitenspeicher
1080 24p Real Movie
100Hz LCD
HD Ready 1080p
Movie Plus
DNIe Pro
HDMI v.1.3 Anynet (HDMI-CEC)
Crystal Design
Drehbarer Fuss

Anschlüsse seitlich: 1x HDMI, 1x WiseLink (USB 2.0), 1x S-Video, 1x Composite, 1x Kopfhörer
Anschlüsse hinten: 3x HDMI, 1x Komponenten, 2x Scart, 1x VGA-PC, 1x Audio Out, 1x Optival Audio Out, 1x Antenneneingang
Musikleistung: 2x10 Watt
Klansystem:SRS Tru Surround
TV-Tuner: 1x Multinorm, 1x DVB-T
Zubehör: IR-Fernbedienung, Netzkabel

52"
Masse o. Fuss (BxHxT): 127,6 x 80,6 x 10,5 cm
Masse m. Fuss (BxHxT): 127,6 x 86,6 x 32,6 cm
Gewicht: 34,8 Kg
Vesa Norm: 600x400

46"
Masse o. Fuss (BxHxT): 113,1 x 71,4 x 9,5 cm
Masse m. Fuss (BxHxT): 113,1 x 77,5 x 28 cm
Gewicht: 26,6 Kg
Vesa Norm: 600x400

40"
Masse o. Fuss (BxHxT): 99,8 x 63,8 x 8,4 cm
Masse m. Fuss (BxHxT): 99,8 x 69,9 x 30 cm
Gewicht: 20,2 Kg
Vesa Norm: 200x200

Technische Daten LE37A656/LE32A656

Identisch wie 52/46/40" jedoch nur Dynamic Contrast 15000:1

37"
Masse o. Fuss (BxHxT): 92,3 x 59,7 x 8,4 cm
Masse m. Fuss (BxHxT): 92,3 x 65,8 x 30 cm
Gewicht: 18,2 Kg

32"
Masse o. Fuss (BxHxT) 80,6 x 52,8 x 8,1 cm
Masse m. Fuss (BxHxT) 80,6 x 58,5 x 25,2 xm

Erhältlich ab Ende März 2008
UVP 52" 3399.-
UVP 46" 2499.-
UVP 40" 1899.-
UVP 37" 1699.-
UVP 32" 1399.-

Farbe Schwarz/Rot

Lets hope that they put in as much effort in the quality control of the panels as they seem to do for their design.:devil:

Samsung has the experience and know-how to make fabulous T.V's but their quality control is extremely lacking.

Lets hope that they put in as much effort in the quality control of the panels as they seem to do for their design.:devil:

Samsung has the experience and know-how to make fabulous T.V's but their quality control is extremely lacking.

Tell me about it, had 6 F86's at home ;) Thats why I'm going to buy it once its out, before they make it worst. SQ01 LE40A656 thats what i want :) hopefully there will be no hum bars/scroling lines as this was my only issue with f86.

Do you think the price of the M87 and the F86 will drop or do you think the shops will simply run it out of stock before getting the new TVs in?

I ask as I was all set to buy a LE46M87BDX from John Lewis which I got price matched from Empire Direct for £1024.

I'm wondering If I hold on wether the price may drop further or wether I may be able to get a LE46F86BDX instead of the M87.

I would hold out even longer for one of these new ones if I thought I would be able to afford a 46" of the 7 series. I wonder how much they will be for that size?

I am totally unsure what to do now as I would hate to wait longer to see what happens only for the M87 and F86 Tvs to vanish and for me not to be able to afford a 46" in the new range.

Ouch, my head hurts... it's a huge once in a lifetime purchase for me this and I just know I am going to screw it up no matter what I do.

BTW do Samsung bring out a new range EVERY year?

Also Am I right in thinking the M87 is only 1yr old and the F86 6mths old?

Samsung and also all big manufacturers have their range updated every year.M87 is 1year old and F86 is around 6months old yes.But my suggestion is to wait the new ones,as you may get a faulty set

BTW one of those pics from cebit shows a greek hotel!Iam not from athens,but I have visited this hotel though

Sorry to be stupid, but I've looked at the specs and could someone explain how this 6 series out soon differs from my F86 apart from;

1) Higher contrast ratios (which are always dubious claims anyway).
2) Extra HDMI port
3) Inspired by nature not wine glasses. What?:rolleyes:

It's just that my F86 is still under warranty and I might be interested, but the only thing that I consider to be a fault in my own F86 (rather than not-quite-ready technology like 100hz) is some slight clouding that comes and goes a bit.

From the what Hifi review

Against
Gives away a little black detail; occasionally uneven backlighting

If they bring new models out every 6 months then either;

1) There isn't much difference

or

2) They've rushed it out again and expect faults like the last 2 models.

Also ChrisGeo

You say in the F86 thread that the 4ms response time may improve the triple ball effect, but surely this is a problem with the interpolation calculations the TV makes, i.e. this is a software not a hardware problem. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to get rid of it by turning the feature off.

I thought that with modern LCDs with <16ms response times, motion blurring was due to persistant images (i.e. that an LCD shows an image for the whole of the "frame time"). The point of 100hz is to put intermediate frames in between so each image isn't there for as long. A 4ms TV will still only show 50/100 fps.

I'd love to know more if someone explains anything I've got wrong.

Well,apart from the contrast difference I see some improvements in the processing as now DLNe is on pro version.In my opinion the 6 series worth a look by you at least,considering that you your set is not completely fault free.Now about the 4ms,it might not improve TBE but the blurring also when is present

Sorry to be stupid, but I've looked at the specs and could someone explain how this 6 series out soon differs from my F86 apart from;

Hopefully difference is going to be no scrolling lines on A656 ;)

The pdf file says end of april,but I suppose around the start of april it will start hit the stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom