1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE-26R41BD - Can Dynamic Contrast damage this TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Doctor Hades, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I know it sounds really silly but I'm on my second TV as the previous one developed a processing fault which resulted in some horrible contrasts on faces and backgrounds as well as dark pixel patches in light areas. I used to have Dynamic Contrast on all the time and I can't shake off the feeling that it was that that damaged the other TV.

The first thing I did when I got my new was turn Dynamic Contrast off but I was watching The Rock on DVD last night in the dark and I turned it on, and it made the movie look great with lovely blacks, etc. It seems it's a handy feature to have when watching TV in a dark room. The trouble is I didn't dare leave it on for fearing of damaging this TV!!! Am I being totally daft? :suicide:

How does Dynamic Contrast actually work as it gives a contrast ratio of 3000:1 over the default of 800:1. Since higher contrasts are better why don't all LCD TVs use this technique to give better contrasts?

2. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    i would imagine your just being paranoid matey.

They wouldn't include such a feature if it were to harm your tv. i hope. lol