1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE-26/32R41BD New Firmware

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by AgentCool, Oct 28, 2005.

1. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I've heard plenty of talk about people upgrading their firmware on the above models to solve the tearing problems when running 720p material at 60Hz through component and also improving the RGB and S-Video picture quality but I haven't heard anyone yet say they have got one of these TVs with the new firmware already built-in. Has anybody purchased a set with the August 22nd firmware already in it? I ask because I've got one on order (been waiting 2 weeks from a local Euronics dealer now) and will be hugely annoyed if it isn't up to date given the ever increasing wait for some 'new' stock.

2. sparkymark75

sparkymark75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    I received my LE32R41BD last Wednesday and on checking the firmware, it's dated the 18th May 2005!!

3. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Do Samsung ask you for a serial number or anything from the LCD if you ring them up and ask them for the firmware disk and cable?

If not then I might just try and get the firmware and cable before I purchase the LCD :D

4. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No. When I got mine, they didn't ask for the serial number - only the model number (and a description of the fault)

5. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got asked for the model number AND serial number, but I think what you are asked depends on who you get on the phone, as Ive found their standards vary considerably