Samsung LCD TVs discontinued?

W

Withanangle

Have samsungs range of lcd tvs been discontiuned? i was going to order the samsung LE26R41B, but both Ebuyer and www.digitaldirectuk.com are not selling any Samsungs any more, where as 2 days ago they were still listed.

Kron*

Samsung have the newer Milano range widely available soon so maybe the retailers are simply discontinuing the older models already.

bbdivo

Withanangle said:
Have samsungs range of lcd tvs been discontiuned? i was going to order the samsung LE26R41B, but both Ebuyer and www.digitaldirectuk.com are not selling any Samsungs any more, where as 2 days ago they were still listed.
Doubt that very much, theres probably a new range coming out soon, the 40" 61 series is out, so I suppose 23, 26, 32" versions will probably come out soon. Try Currys, Comet or even Dealtime!

Edit:- You just beat me to it Kron*!

TheSeer

Apart from the improved response time, are there any other improvements over the 41 range? I was about to buy the LE26R41BD but am willing to pay more for the 51 range if there is a significant improvement in picture quality

Thx

grs

Standard Member
I want a Samsung Le32R41B is it worth buying now before they run out of stock of the old one, or will the price drop even more.

booth1976

I'm looking for a LE26R41BX but can't find any stock anywhere, and like Spinning Plates said 'WTF... Much more expensive!!!!'

Spinning Plates

This sucks man, I had my heart set on one of these TV's but was waiting until nearer the X360 launch to pick one up.

I wouldn't even class it as a new range phasing out the old ones if the pricing is any indication.

booth1976

Heh, I was doing the same thing! Waiting nearer the Xbox360 was near launch date then picking up a HD ready tv for all that 720p goodness. I'm disappointed........

thelawnet

Standard Member
grs said:
I want a Samsung Le32R41B is it worth buying now before they run out of stock of the old one, or will the price drop even more.
the price of the le32r41b has not dropped, if anything it has gone up.

booth1976

Is there anywhere that has these in stock, either the Samsung 32 inch or 28 inch? (pref 28) I don't want the version with the digital tuner as I'm fine for the moment with my Pace Twin.

Yaka

makro has the 32" one in stock in the leeds one they have some 32" which are cheaper near the entrance for soem reason. unless the price was mislabeled

and costco have the 26" one instock

andrewfee

The M51 is exactly the same panel as the R41/51 sets - they have all been "upgraded" to 8ms. (it's just measured differently) I believe the 61 which boasts a 5000:1 contrast is using the newer panel, but can't be certain.

The new speakers are made by JBL and are said to be better, but I haven't heard them. Personally I think the new sets are a lot uglier than the old ones though, and unless the set is below eye-level, the angle of the speakers doesn't seem like a good idea.

PaulGT

DigiUK are doing the LE26M51 on a order upon request service. Can take two weeks but are £839. They also say that there is currently no new model with a IDTV tuner!
They are currently out of the LE26R41BDX but will be getting more in within 7-10 days!
I'm at a loss of which on to get now!!

DanDT

Uhm is it me or warhata (or whatever they're called) aren't selling the 41/51b sets anymore? Can't find them on their website.

bignige

Just called my local Makro (Coventry) and they have no Samsung 32". I pointed out it was in the brochure, he looked, but was sure they hadn't received any.
Can anybody confirm prices and sighting in other Makro stores?

booth1976

Ugh, don't like the way that Waratah handle online payment. I've haven't purchased through a java window before. I like having the little lock at the bottom of my screen :rolleyes:

Also just checked with webelectricals.co.uk - they haven't got any of the 26 inch in stock, but say if Samsung deliveries are anything to go by they should have some stock in within the week.

PaulGT

booth1976 said:
Ugh, don't like the way that Waratah handle online payment. I've haven't purchased through a java window before. I like having the little lock at the bottom of my screen :rolleyes:
me too, thats why I rung them! None in stock! aahhh! Said they should have some in this week and are gonna ring me when they do! She even knew what model I was after! :thumbsup:

shrek101

I was going to buy either 26 or 32 next month but if the enw models are going to cost that much more, I forget the Samsung. I woudl go for the Acer if it would fit my house in the corner it could do if I took the speakers off but I really dont have a suitable place to put them.

I really want the Samsung but I am really stretching the bank as it is.

Trending threads

Top Bottom