Samsung LCD TV Set up- Can someone help me with this!!!

islandmixed

Standard Member
My previous post never got a look in lol...iam kinda desprete at this point as ive only got 7 days to return it, iam not sure if its faulty or not.

I purchased a samsung T200 HD TV for my bedroom, its a refurbished TV, looks brand new. now i was told the set up is easy and its just plug & play! All i want to do is connected my sky digital box to the tv but everytime i connected the black cable to the LCD it does not find anything! so what are the right connections to do this?

Also yesterday when i got the tv, i tested to see if the freeview built in & anologue tv could be tuned but it told me NO SIGAL, today i tried it again but used the plug & play method and volia it worked...but the colour settings are a nightmare, each time you set the colour & power the tv off then back on again, the colour goes to a blank screen, you have to keep adjusting the colour to see it, is this normal?

iam kinda annoyed as i thought it would be simple so any help would be great..i really just instructions about tuning my sky to my new tv, the dvd worked fine when using a standard scart socket. but please someone help me out with this..i find this TV so confusing to work, just random crazyness...

thanks

welshcraig

black cable to t,v? do you mean scart lead?

just simply connect your scart lead from sky to t,v and select the the correct scart channel.

islandmixed

Standard Member
black cable to t,v? do you mean scart lead?

just simply connect your scart lead from sky to t,v and select the the correct scart channel.

my anologue tv just has a black cable running from sky box to tv..now with this digital lcd i just purchased when i put it in, it does not find my sky channel. i only have 1 scart socket with this new tv, so if i wanted to connect a dvd player, i would have to keep switching?? i was looking into buying a dvd recorder so how would i go about getting it all connected so i can record what i want without plugging in and out.

let me try the scart first and see if it finds it...cheers

Gavtech

Administrator
Connect a fully wired scart lead from the skybox TV scart outlet to 'Ext RBG' scart socket of the TV.

To see sky press 'Source' and from the menu select 'Ext'

You should then see the skybox output.

There is no point in searching for channels on the TV as it will not find any unless you have an aerial connected.
All channel selection is done by your skybox.

islandmixed

Standard Member
Connect a fully wired scart lead from the skybox TV scart outlet to 'Ext RBG' scart socket of the TV.

To see sky press 'Source' and from the menu select 'Ext'

You should then see the skybox output.

There is no point in searching for channels on the TV as it will not find any unless you have an aerial connected.
All channel selection is done by your skybox.

okay i managed to get the sky channel from my single cable wire which i used with my old tv..it found the channel but i think this tv is faulty. everytime i switch to watch a dvd or if i power off the tv, when i turn it on again, i have to keep re-tuning the same channel again or iam re-tuning the colour settings. its a nightmare. this tv is not storing what ive stored. deffo faulty

sending it back..thanks for the help guys

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom