• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LCD TV - dark areas are green

Lewda

Standard Member
Hello,

As of this morning, my Samsung LCD (LE40F86BDX) has been having a problem. The dark areas on the screen are green. It happens on all inputs, including when the screen starts up and shuts down - it's entirely green rather than the usual black. I found a YouTube video highlighting the issue

Is this fixable? Or had my TV had it? What should I do?

It was purchased 3 years and 11 months ago, and the warranty ran out 3 years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member

Lewda

Standard Member
I got it from Costco. I kind of opened it up and unplugged the ribbons on the T-CON board, plugged them back in and put everything back together, and it seems to work now. I can't imagine it will last, though, so I'll try throwing my rights into it if it happens again, nice one.

EDIT: Okay that didn't last long. I'll phone up tomorrow then they open.

Last edited:

Lewda

Standard Member
Where did you buy it? under consumer rights you can expect up to 6 years of use Sale of Goods Act Explained. Contact your dealer see what they say. If they say sorry out of warranty then tell them you are aware of your rights and see what they say then, they should offer a repair or partial refund taking into account the use you have had from the set.

Thought this was worth the double post - went into Costco, explained everything, and, well, they offered us a FULL refund! So I have to say thanks to you, made up...now to go tele shopping!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom