1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD TV as a PC Monitor

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by orange_master, Aug 26, 2005.

1. orange_master

orange_master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Samsung LE32R41BX LCD Tv and I would like to use it as a PC monitor as well as a TV. The picture when plugged into the DVI output (cable used is a HDMi - DVI supplied with my Samsung hd950) on my PC cuts off the edges and I have been unable to alter the PC resolution to 1360 x 768 as specified on the Samsung spec.

Exising card is a Hercules 9800se AIW.
    I have downloaded the latest ATI driver which gave me the option for the correct resolution but the TV looks corrupt when I first change the setting in the control panel and then the pc looses this setting on reboot!!

Do I need a new graphics card or possibly a new cable??

Any idea's would be appreciated.

2. davefuggle

davefuggle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried the same (LE32R41BX, ATI 9800pro graphics card, windows XP). DVI->HDMI gave basically the same results as you see (either under or overscanning depending on the desktop resolution). Swapping to VGA DSub cable gave a superb picture at 1366x768

Dave

3. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    If you want a 1:1 mapped image ,you either need to spend a lot of time playing around in Powerstrip, have an nVidia card (they have underscanning options) or you should just use VGA, which is the best option as long as you don't need 50Hz.

Hooked up via VGA:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alex69

alex69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1