• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LCD Problem

TGAM

Standard Member
Hi People I was wondering if anyone could assist or give any Ideas as to what the problem may be with my Samsung LCD.

Model is a LE40A559P4FXXU

The TV has a no sound and a blank screen which has a slight flash now and again. The Blue Light on the front of the TV also flickers on and off. I am trying to resolve it rather than pay huge amounts to get Samsung out to it, and of course it picked great timing to happen as the World Cup just started lol.

Any replies would be appreciated.

clio197

Standard Member
sounds like you are having the same problem as me. I have a Samsung LED with what looks like a dodgy power supply inside the telly. Mine was brand new and had only been on for 15mins! :( . Awaiting a response from the place I bought it from online

TGAM

Standard Member
I've had mine a couple of years now I think so well out of Warranty, Apparantly it had been taking longer than normal to come on a couple of times recently. Was fine yesterday watching a World Cup match, got turned off. Then when trying to turn it on again nothing was happening, Just the flashing blue power light which will not go off and the flashing red light on the remote censor. I seen some people talking about Capacitors messing up inside so I'm going to open it up and check them out again sometime today.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom