Samsung LCD LE40F71B firmware 1009svc update - has anyone still got it?

atari001

Standard Member
Reaction score
:lease:
I am trying to find the firmware update for the Samsung LE40F71B 40" LCD TV. The firmware is the 1009svc one which provides 1:1 pixel mapping in 1920x1080 (just scan).
I know it was posted about 2 years ago but the link is now broken. I have searched the internet in vain and the only place that keeps coming up now is AVforums. Does anyone still have the firmware flash program and the firmware file available?
The firmware filename is T_FMSLMPEU_1009SVC.mot

Better still if you have the CD and cable that would be fantastic. I have contacted Samsung customer services about this update; they no longer provide the disc and cable, the firmware update can only be done by authorised dealers, who are charging £60!

I know it is a long shot but if someone has it I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks for that, I managed to get the firmware a couple of months back. Built a cable up from a serial extension cable and 3.5mm jack plug and updated the firmware without a hitch.

Thanks to mimsan69 for posting me the link to the firmware. I left this topic open in case anyone else has a Samsung LE40F71B and wants to update the firmware. If you do PM me and I will provide you with the firmware files and the schematic for the cable.

Last edited:
Hi there,

As you have had, I'm also getting the overscan issue on my HDMI input even though I've got the 1010 firmware according to my service screen. I believe that there's a difference in the firmware version I have though and the 1010 and 1009 versions here Samsung F71 Firmware.. Would you be able to send or upload the schematics you used for the cable and confirm which of the firmware versions you used from the site to get Just Scan enabled please? Also, was it difficult and did you need to do any post upgrade calibration?

Cheers,

Barry

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have now drawn a schematic of the lead required. It wasn't too hard to make, the parts were easily available from Maplin Electronics. On the male serial adaptor the pins are labelled with the numbers, although you'll need a magnifying glass to see them. Once soldered ensure you do a continuity test of all the connections. Ensure only pins 2,3 and 5 are connected to the stereo audio jack. Check for cross connections. I have also attached the links to the firmware files of version 1.09 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michaelc/T_FMSLMPEU_1009SVC.rar

and version 1.10
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michaelc/T_FMSLMPEU_1010SVC.rar

as well as the instructions (attached files) for upgrading to make this a complete post . I haven't had to make any further adjustments to my set, but everyone has their own personal preferences to how the colours look on their TV. My TV is currently using firmware 1.09 and I have no issues.

Attachments

• firmware cable (uk).JPG
    firmware cable (uk).JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 7,144
  • RS-232 TO STEREO AUDIO JACK FOR SAMSUNG LE40F71B FIRMWARE UPGRADE.jpg
    RS-232 TO STEREO AUDIO JACK FOR SAMSUNG LE40F71B FIRMWARE UPGRADE.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10,181
  • instructions.rar
    344.2 KB · Views: 782
  • romeflashsetup.rar
    287.7 KB · Views: 635
Hi all,

Does anyone have the firmware file, the links are not up any more. I'm sorting out my mum's TV.

If anyone has a made up cable they no need i would also be up for sending some cash over Paypal for it :)

Hi, I have the files, will sort the links out for you and repost on here.

Hi all,

Does anyone have the firmware file, the links are not up any more. I'm sorting out my mum's TV.

If anyone has a made up cable they no need i would also be up for sending some cash over Paypal for it :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
:thumbsup: The link is below: Hope it works for you.

Index of /michaelc/Samsung firmware

:confused: I will try and find my cable. Haven't seen it for a while....

Thanks mate :)

I ordered a Tivo one from ebay and i have a Null modem converter so i should be good with the cable.

Hello

i hv read all instructions and i believe ready to take the plunge and diy the cable myself

however last time i hd a pc with a serial rs-232 port was some time ago and none of these is in a working condition, maybe i have missed something here - i would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me (the only thing i can think of is to get a usb-to-serial adaptor, but would this work or i am running the risk to brick my tv?)

Thx in advance

Does anyone still have the firmware files by any chance at all? The links above are all broken by this time. I know it's 2020 (just, still), but I still have one of these TVs. It seems I have a hard time getting rid of things that are still working. My Son has got a new Xbox One S which doesn't work too well with overscan. Some games compensate for it, but many don't, so it looks like I need the upgraded firmware.

Thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom