Samsung LCD LE32R8Volume goes to 120 overnight

RobSamsunger

Novice Member
Hi - my mum has recently had a problem with her 3 yr old TV (think its 3 yrs) - she normally pulls the plug out the socket at night so the thing is not connected to the wall, but recently the Volume has started going up to 120 when she switches it back on. the volume itself is not that loud, but when you bring it down to 100 it shoots up very loud until you bring it back down to 10 or the normal range.

I have looked at all the volume settings and memory settings and cant see anything abnormal.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and technically know how to fix.

Many thanks

... she normally pulls the plug out the socket at night so the thing is not connected to the wall

There's really no need to do this with a modern TV.

Samsung themselves state 'Modern Samsung televisions do not have power switches on them. It is possible to power off a Samsung TV by switching off the power from the wall socket, but it is okay to leave your Samsung TV in standby mode. They consume very little electricity in this state; much less than older TVs used to consume when in standby.'

And by 'very little', they mean less than 1 Watt !

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom