• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-eixistant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Samsung LCD LE32R41BD - HELP!!

L

lammas10

Hi

I have the Samsung LE32R41BD and when i press the DTV button on the remote its says that its not available?? do i need a special arial to receive digital? As on the box it says the unit comes with freeview? has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Jay

Cowden_harley

you need to press d.menu -> go to setup -> install or tune in

L

lammas10

Thanks but when i press dmenu the same happens? it just says that its not available like i havent even got a freeview tuner. How can i check that my model has one installed? as when i bought it they said it had one? my model number is LE32R41BD or could it be that my arial is at fauly being an old annalogue one ??

Thanks Again

Jay

Cowden_harley

it appears youve been sold the non-freeview model where did you get it?

echelon

Novice Member
lammas10 said:
my model number is LE32R41BD or could it be that my arial is at fauly being an old annalogue one ??
there's no such thing as a digital arial; Freeview is recieved through your old regular TV arial.

Doctor Hades

You could check via the service menu to see whether you have the Rome model (non-Freeview) or Greenwich one (Freeview).

Be extra-careful though that you don't alter any other settings as you could mess up your TV. Also you'll lose any custom picture settings.

With the TV in standby mode, press the following buttons in order:

Info
Menu
Mute
Power On

The TV should turn on with the service menu overlaid over the last picture source you selected. At the bottom you will see the firmware version of your TV so it will be pretty obvious whether you have a Rome or Greenwich model.

Turn the TV off to exit the service menu.

Paulando

Just look on the back of the TV, there's 'silver' square that lists the model number. If has a 'D' on the end, it has a freeview tuner.

F

featherbrain

Just to be clear: are you sure that you've selected DTV first (press Info button to check) and then D.Menu? You can't select the latter while in TV mode.

chriszzzzzz

You have not selected DTV first. the D menu is not available in TV mode. Press DTV on the remote then D menu will work.

L

lammas10

thanks featherbrain i figured it out with your last post. I now have freeview channels. thanks for your help

Jay