Samsung LCD LE32M61B vs LE32M51B query

Chalky

:lease: Apologies for starting a new topic but the big Samsung owners thread is rather daunting! The only difference I can see between these two screens appears to the contrast ratio (5000:1 for the 61B vs 3000:1 for the 51B) and the cosmetics. I suspect that I'll end up turning most of the picture processing features off anyway.

The system will primarily be driven by a laptop via VGA for the time being. Will eventually get XBOX 360, possibly an upscaling DVD and SKY HD when it arrives.

Is there any compelling reason to go for a 61B when the 51B is available for less than £1k? Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

dllord

Chalky said:
:lease: Apologies for starting a new topic but the big Samsung owners thread is rather daunting! The only difference I can see between these two screens appears to the contrast ratio (5000:1 for the 61B vs 3000:1 for the 51B) and the cosmetics. I suspect that I'll end up turning most of the picture processing features off anyway.

The system will primarily be driven by a laptop via VGA for the time being. Will eventually get XBOX 360, possibly an upscaling DVD and SKY HD when it arrives.

Is there any compelling reason to go for a 61B when the 51B is available for less than £1k? Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

You might as well get the M51 like i did if you're going to turn the dynamic contrast OFF! Dynamic contrast is lame anyway! And the M51 looks sexier with that bit of silver on the bottom!:thumbsup:

dcm

Standard Member
the m61 has a better viewing angle of 178 compared to 170 on the m51

if i wasn't getting the 26 inch i would prob have gone with the m61 since it's not available in 26inch :(

Tef

i was browsing trhough few forums when i did research on the LE series, someone at some point mention something about 61 fixed someof the bug in the control programe or some sort

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom