Samsung lcd greyish tint

evo66

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys first post here, hopefully I can get this one solved. I’ve been searching this issue for a few days now but no fix yet.

I picked this up used Samsung un55mu6290. The picture is bad, left side of the screen has a greyish haze. You can see vertical and horizontal lines. It looks worse than it is with the pic provided. It’s actually not really that noticeable but that side of the screen when displaying anything especially faces it has a greyish tint.

Can I fix this, back light inverter issue or is this one toast.

Attachments

• 48741845-B0C3-4D4F-BC69-43B2F4D1A2B5.jpeg
    48741845-B0C3-4D4F-BC69-43B2F4D1A2B5.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 101
The same thing happened to my Samsung MU6120 and NU7400 after around 1-2 years of use, and both got progressively worse. The NU7400 was so bad that the retailer replaced it with an RU7400, which also started to display uniformity issues after 8 months.

I must be unlucky as they sell so well, and generally people seem happy with Samsung, but I wouldnt buy another after my experience.

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be buying a Samsung again. Always had them and no issues. This is my first lcd version so yeah if this is common I’ll be looking elsewhere.

Funny though because gaming, 4K content and even when I’m watching something in 4K or 1080 with outside shots, it’s great. Then when 2 people are inside and on the left and right side of the screen, the left side person looks washed out and the blacks are blurry. Right side of the screen looks great.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom