1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Lcd displays pink progressive scan signal

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stiffler05, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

When i try to play the getaway on my Pal ps2 in progressive scan the picture goes totally pink for a while and switches back to Pal. I'm using a third party component cable and a 32" samsung LE32R31. I've switched it to component in the ps2 browser too. The ps2 is one of the first silver ones to be released.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any responses would be appreciated.

2. Yetti54

Yetti54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't got a clue about this problem but got a quick question for you. (Cheeky i know)

How do the games look on the samsung from the ps2? Have you tried Pro Evo 5?
    I'm pretty certain i'm going to get this lcd but am worried about how the ps2 will look after hereing some bad problems with it.

Cheers

3. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i'm honest ps2 games look crap. I've had some problems with rgb too, so i've been running everything through component. I think its the big difference between the native res of the tv and the res which is displayed by ps2. God of war for example looked really nice on my 24" crt, but looks well jaggy on my lcd. The main reason i bought it is for Ps3 and 360, so i'm not too fussed.

4. DanDT

DanDT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    As long as you run PS2 games in progressive scan (the ones that support it) you should be fine. I've started importing USA titles because for some reason, some titles that support pro-scan in the US version, don't have the option in the European versions (GT4 for example and many others). And importing is sometimes cheaper and much quicker. I've just ordered Shadow of the Colossus from the US, should be here soon enough.