Samsung LCD A656 cracking/cracks

Unless you work for Samsung and can guarantee that there is no risk then you can't really make that kind of comment.

As products like Mr Sheen and Pledge are in a spray can, there is always a risk of getting some of the polish on the screen itself. Not to mention that there are people out there that will try and polish the whole TV (It does happen. Seen many TV's brought back to Comet by customers doing exactly that)

Bottom line. Use the cleaning cloth that Samsung recommend. That way you keep yourself in the clear if something was to go wrong.

Like i said, unless your dumb enough to spray it directly on the telly you run no risk at all. I don't have to work for Samsung to know this. I worked as a telly engineer for years and yes while you do get some planks who spray directly on the telly most do not and spray the cloth then clean the telly.

Also do NOT use the cloth samsung provide as you run a huge risk of scratching the bezel and panel. Doesn't matter anyway as it wont keep you in the clear. Samsung are blaming everyone with this problem of using chemical cleaners whether they have or not.

I got a phonecall from comet yetserday saying they had been on the phone to samsung. At that point i stopped her and said "surprise me, they are blaming me for using a chemical cleaner?" She answered yes.

To me this smacks of samsung saying "yes we have a serious issue here and instead of doing the right thing and replacing the sets we will make out its our customers fault."

Instead of going back a forth with this on this thred is it ok to PM you?

Of course but tbh don't think there's much to say in private.

Just pointing out the issue with samsung blaming its users is **** poor lol

But yeah if you want to PM go for it.

:clap: - result!

Samsung has finally admitted to Dixons its a fault in their design.

I'm getting a 50" G10 Panny delivered tomorrow, plus Dixons are giving me £50 for my troubles.. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for your advise, and hope the rest get yours sorted.

:clap: - result!

Samsung has finally admitted to Dixons its a fault in their design.

I'm getting a 50" G10 Panny delivered tomorrow, plus Dixons are giving me £50 for my troubles.. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for your advise, and hope the rest get yours sorted.

Can you give any more info on this? What did Samsung actually say?

To be perfectly honest, I can't say any more than that, as it was the retailer that told me that.

Since they we're offering me an alternative, I did not see the need to question Samsungs position on it any further.

Unlikely. Who told you that? Dixons!?

In fact, in my case Samsung the other day pretty much admitted it to me as well. Seems the numbers are increasing recently.

In my case for a single engineer to visit me on a Tuesday and tell me he has seen 4 already this week already is bad. The woman from the comet service center also let the cat out the bag when she said "the many bezels we have replaced...".

Out of the 3 people i know who have this set as well we have all had this problem. 2 out of the 3 have had them repaired and the fault has occured again.

Last edited:
Unlikely. Who told you that? Dixons!?

Maybe? Yep it was Dixons.

Only other thing Dixons have informed me that might be worth mentioning, is that Greg Fernandez in Samsung is the 'senior' guy who Dixons we're awaiting feedback from.

If I've been informed correctly - Mr. Fernandez should know all about it. I can't say if the decision to blame the consumers for this fault was his, or whether it comes from higher up the food chain over there?!?

But, if you're not getting anywhere with Samsung and if they persist its user damage, it might be worth asking if your case could be escalted to him, or maybe ask to speak to him?

Mods - am not sure if I can menion names, please modify if necessary.

It seems there's been quite a few msgs posted here since I last saw this thread, will try to update post by post...

Mine has started to crack to. I called Samsung and they sent someone from their 3rd party repair team to have a look (visual fx i think they're called?).

Anyway, he said he'd never seen anything like it and took photos. He said they would change the bezel.

2 weeks later I called the 3rd party repair team again and they said they won't change it because I said i used chemical cleaner - blatent liars!!!

I'm currently trying to find out who said that and samsung is trying to help too. It seems this 3rd party repair service is one of those types that refuses to any any work.

The saga continues...

Samsung got back to me after a while and said they will not change the frame since they do not believe the crack can happen without using chemical cleaners.

I told them that the crack happened without using any cleaners but they refused to listen.

Any advice on what I can do from here onwards?

If you need to reference any cases, you can use mine, the pictures are above and I have had the work done twice.

steps I done for mine are as follows:

1. Call up Samsung.
2. They will take details of your TV (probably for registration requirements)
3. Tell them what the problem is. Get a case/call/reference number from them.
4.They will pass this onto a third party company that will call you to arrange a date to replace the panel. The guys who did mine knew about the problem and didn't come to check the TV, they just called me, ordered the bezel, came and fitted on the day agreed.

----

Next time I had the problem, I called up Samsung, referenced the earlier call and they did the same, no quibbles.

Hi alchemistkevin,

I am having the same problems accruing on my le46a656 bezel, it is only 5 month old & it seems to be getting worse day by day. It seems like a crack but when you look closer it looks like the glue within the bezel is giving way, anyway I have called currys & explained the problem to the them. I also told them that I would not be excepting a repair or a replacement for the same model because there seems to be a common fault with the bezels on the le46a656. I did say that I would like to exchange mine for the SAMSUNG LE46B651T & pay the differents. They are going to send out a technician on Wednesday to have a look.

I hope you do not have any further problems with your replacement bezel, but If you do I would push them to replace yours with a newer model.

Attachments

• SV104588.jpg
    SV104588.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 385
samsung offering FOC repairs on this Bezel issue now. series 6, 7 and 8 if cracks / bubbles appear.

(if tv is in warranty obviously)

samsung offering FOC repairs on this Bezel issue now. series 6, 7 and 8 if cracks / bubbles appear.

(if tv is in warranty obviously)
Can you post a link to where you got this information from please.

Curly

Can you post a link to where you got this information from please.

Curly

What a strange request :confused:

I was told the same on the phone. Hardly likely they are gonna publish this on the net isn't it?

Well had engineer out to repair my telly today.

Repair went well until he peeled back the plastic on the new bezel only to reveal a great big gouge in the bezel :mad:

Not amused in the slightest.

So now waiting on someone calling me back as i am not having this repaired again :mad:

Hi
I have the same issues with my 6 month old 40A685 and I've got an engineer visiting next week. In my initial call to Samsung I told them that I have never cleaned it with anything and it's a known issue. What worries me is the engineer "fixing" the Bezel and the fault appearing in a few months. I only have 4 months left on my 12 month warranty and I want to be protected no matter what they do. It's also worth noting that 2 months after I bought the TV the speakers and system board were replaced due to a different fault. Can anyone advise on the best steps for me to pursuade the engineer/Samsung to replace this TV rather than attempt to repair it. It seems to me that my TV has always had problems and these should'nt exist especially when you spend £800 on it. Thanks

I finally got Samsung to have a look at the problem again.

I called them up asking them if there is a known problem with the Samsung LCD TVs with the Rose Black bezel. They guy on the phone acknowledged the fact that there is a known problem.

I gave them my old reference number explaining they had refused to do anything about it before. So he spoke to the senior customer care team and an engineer was sent out from Visual FX.

They will be taking the TV away for repair next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Got the fascia replaced finally. They had the TV for over 3 weeks!

who had your TV?

Samsung got a third party to replace mine at home at a few days notice.

Its less than 30 minute job.

ve just come back from holiday and noticed i too have some cracks round the bezel, i thought it was the sunlight but defo a crack on the top left and also inside bear the screen. sometimes we just dont notice whats there until we take a week or two away from the box

i bought mine in John Lewis august 08 and of course still got 4 and a bit years warranty left...

im going to call them in the morning to notify them. has anyone delt with John lewis with the faulty bezel. i know the customer service is supposed to be really good so hopefully im not in for a fight with them but any tips would be welcome.

are the bezels getting replaced or are the TV's being replaced ?

thanks

Nic x

ve just come back from holiday and noticed i too have some cracks round the bezel, i thought it was the sunlight but defo a crack on the top left and also inside bear the screen. sometimes we just dont notice whats there until we take a week or two away from the box

i bought mine in John Lewis august 08 and of course still got 4 and a bit years warranty left...

im going to call them in the morning to notify them. has anyone delt with John lewis with the faulty bezel. i know the customer service is supposed to be really good so hopefully im not in for a fight with them but any tips would be welcome.

thanks

Nic x
bezels only.

no hassle - samsung direct.

thanks

Nic x

I had my bezel replaced on mine and it happened again so i took my telly back and got a different model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom