1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD 42 inch screen distorted picture/horizontal lines

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by qbg51, Sep 15, 2011.

1. qbg51

qbg51 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Samsung LCD 42 inch (LE40c650l1K)

I came home from work the other night & switched it on & the screen was distorted & split into horizontal lines & squares & there was a pixelated trail behind moving images.

I've had a very similar experience when the graphics card went on an Apple Mac (new logic board = emotional)

After a couple of minutes the picture returned to normal. This happened about 4 or 5 times, so I'm assuming it's a bad contact perhaps on the screen. So I gave the screen a squeeze around the sides & the issue hasnt returned over the last couple of days.
    I'm concerned of course it will return & by not dealing with could worse the problem further down the line.

I've tried googling this issue but am not sure of the correct terminology.

I've attached a photo below, & the aerial was unplugged at the time hence no picture at all in the photo - but it shows the squares.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/363/screenne.jpg

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.