• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Samsung KS9500/9000 defect or not?

laoban

Novice Member
Hi all TV experts, bought a ks9500 (Canada) last week, and noticed a few issues.
1.The reflection from the screen does not stand symmetrically, the left side is lower than the right side. It's a curved screen I understand, but it should still be symmetrical on both side. Is it caused by a defected screen panel?
2.The back panel of the bottom right corner is a bit misplaced. You can see a small gap on the bottom side.
3. So called "light bleeding" or "white bloom" I guess. When play movies in the DARK, on some cut scenes, there are very obvious white light spots appearing on the screen, which is very annoying. And when the movie playing, the white spots in the corners stays there (on the black belts), never go away. In the day time or movie without black belts, it's not noticeable.
I attached a few pics for you. Can someone tell me if it's a lemon product? Thanks!
bottom_副本.jpg bottom2_副本.jpg reflection.jpg reflection2.jpg side2.jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed.jpg

ThePaps

Novice Member
Did you buy brand new? Looks like somethings happened to it. It might have been this model where the back popped off in places but that looks like it's been dropped on that corner, possibly even putting it into the box after it's been on display or taken out for some reason.
That light bleed does look particularly bad too from them pictures.

laoban

Novice Member
It's a brand new one. Kind disappointed, the finish and quality could be better for such an expensive product. The sound is pretty amazing for a TV though.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom