Samsung KS9000\8000 Owners Thread Part 2

How can Samsung screw up something so simple? My TV has two LNB inputs, so I assumed you could watch one channel and record another at the same time.
You can. With a hard disk attached it has DVR capabilities such as live pause/rewind, record one channel and watch another. Record two channels at same time etc.

However couldn't keep a live connection to hard drive.

I've got an intermittent problem with my KS8000 display. See photos. It has only happened about half a dozen times in the past 2 months since it first started. Happens when the TV comes out of standby but clears itself after 5 - 10 minutes. When the fault occurs, if I switch to a couple of test jpg images I have on a USB stick in the TV back panel the fault is still there. That seems to rule out external sources, HDMI cables and/or the One Connect box as the problem.

Any thoughts on what it is and a fix?View attachment 1326694View attachment 1326696
Have the same problem got a engineer booked for today

You can. With a hard disk attached it has DVR capabilities such as live pause/rewind, record one channel and watch another. Record two channels at same time etc.

However couldn't keep a live connection to hard drive.
Certainly have tried, every way I could. Never worked for me and many others on the Samsung community website. Any advice would be welcome.

Certainly have tried, every way I could. Never worked for me and many others on the Samsung community website. Any advice would be welcome.

I've never got recording to work in any way reliably either.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that apart from the panel, which I still think is great, the rest of the TV is actually pretty rubbish.

I've never got recording to work in any way reliably either. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that apart from the panel, which I still think is great, the rest of the TV is actually pretty rubbish.
Came to the same conclusion, great picture especially in HD. Tried to record two films the other night, after going to bed, so no I Player to worry about. Got two thirds of the way through the recording and off it went. Really b***** annoying. Didn't record the second film at all.

I think some features are more 'tick box' - something they can brag about, tick the box as having but ultimately don't really care or support it - unless the vast majority of people use it and it keeps coming up as a 'problem' or generating a lot of negativity on social media.

I bet if they could of swept HLG under the carpet, after saying it would be updated, they wouldn't have updated the TV as late as they did. However, with a LOT of people complaining, and the negative impression on Social Media, they had to work on that. And again when it transpired that it wouldn't work over HDMI...

Recording is obviously not used by very many at all - with many no doubt using Set top boxes and other external media players for the majority of their TV viewing. I myself use SkyQ so have never needed to record any content on an external HDD. Apps, like Netflix, don't need recording either. So the vast majority probably don't use (or even know they could use) the recording feature and therefore its only a 'handful' of people that would complain and its not generating enough negativity to fix...

I think some features are more 'tick box' - something they can brag about, tick the box as having but ultimately don't really care or support it - unless the vast majority of people use it and it keeps coming up as a 'problem' or generating a lot of negativity on social media.

I bet if they could of swept HLG under the carpet, after saying it would be updated, they wouldn't have updated the TV as late as they did. However, with a LOT of people complaining, and the negative impression on Social Media, they had to work on that. And again when it transpired that it wouldn't work over HDMI...

Recording is obviously not used by very many at all - with many no doubt using Set top boxes and other external media players for the majority of their TV viewing. I myself use SkyQ so have never needed to record any content on an external HDD. Apps, like Netflix, don't need recording either. So the vast majority probably don't use (or even know they could use) the recording feature and therefore its only a 'handful' of people that would complain and its not generating enough negativity to fix...
If you sell a product then it should perform as advertised. I bought the TV because it has a Freesat tuner built in and a dual LNB sockets. They say it will record to a hard disc and with dual inputs, it should be possible to watch and record different channels at the same time. Yet you can't depend on it recording under any circumstances. Think you are right about Samsung not bothering because it's only a problem for a few. Doesn't make it right though!

If you sell a product then it should perform as advertised. I bought the TV because it has a Freesat tuner built in and a dual LNB sockets. They say it will record to a hard disc and with dual inputs, it should be possible to watch and record different channels at the same time. Yet you can't depend on it recording under any circumstances. Think you are right about Samsung not bothering because it's only a problem for a few. Doesn't make it right though!

Absolutely doesn't make it right, which is why I will be buying LG next time.

Never said it was 'right' for Samsung to do that - it certainly feels like that is what they do and that sometimes its a 'tick box' feature to sell more TV's over other brands or even over their cheaper models. Even if it 'works' in their testing with a specific external HDD, I don't feel like they bothered to ensure it works with others or that it continued to function with subsequent updates.

I know some people did get it to work - although not consistently and now the TV is 4yrs old, its virtually obsolete in their eyes - unless something major needs fixing to save any negative press....

Fundamentally, I think that Samsung have been dishonest in their marketing of this TV, which is why I will be buying LG next time. I try to avoid buying from companies who I believe to be dishonest.

Just to add, I have in the past been a regular buyer of Samsung high end tablets (as well as their TVs) but the next tablet I buy will be an Ipad.

Fundamentally, I think that Samsung have been dishonest in their marketing of this TV, which is why I will be buying LG next time. I try to avoid buying from companies who I believe to be dishonest.

Just to add, I have in the past been a regular buyer of Samsung high end tablets (as well as their TVs) but the next tablet I buy will be an Ipad.
I’ve still got my KS9000 but also bought an LG C8 and I have to say it blows Samsung out of the water.

TV changing to dynamic mode.

A couple of time lately my |TV has changed to dynamic mode on its own when I have changed channels , mainly when going from to a sky recorde3d program.
Although it still shows movie I have to either go in and out of standby or change the picture mode back and forth to clear it.
Anyone else had this problem?

TV changing to dynamic mode.

A couple of time lately my |TV has changed to dynamic mode on its own when I have changed channels , mainly when going from to a sky recorde3d program.
Although it still shows movie I have to either go in and out of standby or change the picture mode back and forth to clear it.
Anyone else had this problem?

Long shot but check settings to make sure it's not been knocked into Store or Retail Mode, my 26" Samsung in the kitchen did this recently and somehow the settings had been changed to retail (think the kids did it when got hold of the remote). Changed to Home and all fixed.

Long shot but check settings to make sure it's not been knocked into Store or Retail Mode, my 26" Samsung in the kitchen did this recently and somehow the settings had been changed to retail (think the kids did it when got hold of the remote). Changed to Home and all fixed.
Thanks for that

I have checked and it is on home mode.
It is ok at the moment and has only done it 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks so it looks like a very intermittent fault.

Thanks for that

I have checked and it is on home mode.
It is ok at the moment and has only done it 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks so it looks like a very intermittent fault.
Recommend doing a 'Master Reset'.

That is: go into standby, switch the TV off at the mains socket, unplug the TV lead from the mains socket, leave for 5 minutes, plug everything back in, switch on.

The 'Master Reset' sometimes fixes random intermittent problems.

Recommend doing a 'Master Reset'.

That is: go into standby, switch the TV off at the mains socket, unplug the TV lead from the mains socket, leave for 5 minutes, plug everything back in, switch on.

The 'Master Reset' sometimes fixes random intermittent problems.
Thanks for that will give it a try.

May have to wait a long time to see if it has cured it as it is so intermittent.

I’ve still got my KS9000 but also bought an LG C8 and I have to say it blows Samsung out of the water.

I did the same I have the 65" KS8000 but also purchased the 65" LG OLED.

The LG is in a different league even before you get to apps like Disney+ where you get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I've got an intermittent problem with my KS8000 display. See photos. It has only happened about half a dozen times in the past 2 months since it first started. Happens when the TV comes out of standby but clears itself after 5 - 10 minutes. When the fault occurs, if I switch to a couple of test jpg images I have on a USB stick in the TV back panel the fault is still there. That seems to rule out external sources, HDMI cables and/or the One Connect box as the problem.

Any thoughts on what it is and a fix?View attachment 1326694View attachment 1326696
Sorted. Had the panel replaced under JL 5 year warranty. New panel is fine. No light bleed or banding etc. so very happy with the replacement.

I shall be saying goodbye to my trusty ks8000 tomorrow. It’s developed light bleed again. Had the panel replaced last year under Hughes warranty & they’ve decided that this time it’s not economical to do the same. Paid £990 for it 3 years ago. Paid an extra £500 & getting an LG CX delivered tomorrow. Shall be really sad to see it go. It’s been an exceptional TV really. Even by today’s standards. Interesting to see how the CX stacks up against it.

I shall be saying goodbye to my trusty ks8000 tomorrow. It’s developed light bleed again. Had the panel replaced last year under Hughes warranty & they’ve decided that this time it’s not economical to do the same. Paid £990 for it 3 years ago. Paid an extra £500 & getting an LG CX delivered tomorrow. Shall be really sad to see it go. It’s been an exceptional TV really. Even by today’s standards. Interesting to see how the CX stacks up against it.
You will quickly realise how good Oled TVs really are. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Yes. Very excited to see.
I was amazed on how good the picture quality was when I got my C8. I had the KS9000 and still do in the bedroom. Bright rooms are a bit of a pain but you soon get used to it. Now I’ve got an Oled I don’t think I would ever go back to an LCD.

I was amazed on how good the picture quality was when I got my C8. I had the KS9000 and still do in the bedroom. Bright rooms are a bit of a pain but you soon get used to it. Now I’ve got an Oled I don’t think I would ever go back to an LCD.
Yes, that’s my only concern really. I will be using it in a fairly bright room sometimes. Mainly viewing in the evening though.

Yes, that’s my only concern really. I will be using it in a fairly bright room sometimes. Mainly viewing in the evening though.
You will be fine then. I only really have a problem when the sun is blaring but then all I do is close the blinds. You won’t regret it.

Hi all

Just sold my Samsung TV to my son - it's a UE65KS9500 which never put a foot wrong in the 3 to 4 years I had it. After fixing it up at my son's house (using the same Samsung wall mount as I used) it became noticeable last night when it became dark that there was a "green" vertical line at the extreme left hand side, running up the full height of the panel. During the day you are hard pressed to notice it but in the evening my son say it's very obvious. After googling and searching various forums, we have tried a few things. First up was to remove all cables (other than the power cable) to see if it was still there - it was. This, I think, suggests it's the panel. When looking extremely closely it seems the extreme left column of pixels are not right (dead?). We've left it completely unplugged for 10 minutes before plugging back in, but still there. I'm now wondering if the shock of transit has loosened something, even though we excercised extreme care.

Before taking the TV down and removing the bottom half of the back panel (yes I've googled how to do this) to see if "jiggling" the ribbon and other connectors sorts the issue, I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has experienced similar? Please note we are only talking 1 vertical line of pixels. They seem to change from green, depending on what the colour of the display is at the time. But at night they glow green.

Any help would be gratefully received - thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom