Samsung KS9000\8000 Owners Thread Part 2

I imagine it’ll be Disney limiting bandwidth, rather than the tv.

I doubt it as I get UHD Dolby vision on my LG C8. It’s not even listed as UHD on my KS9000. It has to be the tv.

I’m only getting HD on my tv as well which surprises me.

I am not surprised. The KS doesn't offer 4k iPlayer either and its possible that the same reasons that can't be upgraded to offer 4k applies to Disney+ too. Of course you can get 4k by using external devices - much like you can to get around the 4k iPlayer issue. Maybe a Roku stick could be the answer.

Personally, I don't really use the apps - occasionally will use Netflix app to get HDR but if its not in HDR, Sky's Netflix app seems to have a better picture quality.

My brother has been asking about different places to there seems to be some people with the KS that get HD with HDR and some are getting just HD.

They are looking in to the issue because the 4K HDR is ment to be working on the ks series look like a software issue more then hardware but we will have to wait and see

Hey guys, not messaged on here since I got my 55” KS9000 in Oct 2016. We’ve never really had any issue with it apart from the usual bleeding you get with edge lit panels. Yeah so about a year in I started to notice small white dots/circles on the bottom left/right of the screen, called JL and a Samsung engineer came out and he fobbed us off with a ‘you’re not using the right picture settings‘ response. I told him well those are the settings I use and be said he can’t do anything and that if gets worse to contact them again. I couldn’t be arsed with the hassle as the marks were only really showing up on my Apple TV and PS4 or where there was a static light colour on the screen like blue or white so we left it.

Forward to 2020 now I’m starting to notice more dots on the bottom of the screen and bleeding from the four corners has gradually become worse (most likely happens over time anyway, right?)
I called JL up and the guy is booking the tv in to get checked out by Northwest Appliance Repair and that most likely I’m looking at a replacement set at the same value or better.

Wish me luck as I read a few pages back that Currys managed to source a ks9000 panel for someone. If I get the replacement we’re looking at getting the LG 55CX or GX. I read Samsung is charging £300 for a OneConnect box regarding the 90t/95t. The mrs wants the 2020 Frame.lol

Does the KS8000 support SkyQ in HDR from the 2TB SkyQ Box? AIUI, Sky started HDR for some UHD Nature programme downloads a couple of days ago but only with the V2 or V3 SkyQ boxes.

Unfortunately I have a SkyQ V1 box but there would be no point in me trying to get it changed if the KS8000 won't support the HLG HDR over HDMI. ISTR that the TV does after a FW upgrade last year but I'm not sure. Is there anyone with SkyQ V2 or V3 and a KS8000 that could comment please?

Does the KS8000 support SkyQ in HDR from the 2TB SkyQ Box? AIUI, Sky started HDR for some UHD Nature programme downloads a couple of days ago but only with the V2 or V3 SkyQ boxes.

Unfortunately I have a SkyQ V1 box but there would be no point in me trying to get it changed if the KS8000 won't support the HLG HDR over HDMI. ISTR that the TV does after a FW upgrade last year but I'm not sure. Is there anyone with SkyQ V2 or V3 and a KS8000 that could comment please?

Hi,

I have the Sky Q V2 box and the 65KS8000, yes the HDR is working fine on those limited downloads.

Best wishes,

Dom

Morning All,

Has anybody else lost Disney +, it was working but now I get an error message to the effect, "Disney + isn't currently working on 2016 Samsung TVs and they are working with the manufacturer to resolve the issue"

Thanks,

Dom

As I cannot fit in a 55 inch TV I would have stayed with this set but as it is so bright it blinds my wife in HDR (as she has photo phobia) and now that a 48 inch OLED is available I will be changing to that (when the price comes down a bit).
Think it will be a long time before a micro led is available at an affordable price and probably even longer before it is available at less than 55 inches (if ever).

Now have a long list of apps at the bottom of my 55KS8000 TV screen, many never been used.

How do I delete the apps not required?

Especially want to delete the Samsung TV Plus app as I keep getting scripts coming up on the top of the screen 'demanding' I view Samsung's changed terms and conditions. Very annoying.

Now have a long list of apps at the bottom of my 55KS8000 TV screen, many never been used.

How do I delete the apps not required?

Especially want to delete the Samsung TV Plus app as I keep getting scripts coming up on the top of the screen 'demanding' I view Samsung's changed terms and conditions. Very annoying.
Once you click on it wait for it to open then OK it it will go but you may get another ad in it's place temporarily sometimes I get one and sometimes not, as for the rest if you highlight (hover over) one and press down it will give you the option to remove it.

Once you click on it wait for it to open then OK it it will go but you may get another ad in it's place temporarily sometimes I get one and sometimes not, as for the rest if you highlight (hover over) one and press down it will give you the option to remove it.
Ta, will give it a go once the missus is no longer watching the telly.
:)

Ta, will give it a go once the missus is no longer watching the telly.
:)

The removal of the ads is as Razy60 says. The challenge is keeping them away.

I had to resort to the solution suggested by Peter Yates in Github. It uses OpenDNS to block content and domains on the TV. It also provides information on how much your TV tries to 'chatter' with the outside world. Personally, I found the whole thing quite shocking. Yesterday my TV tried to contact the domain ' cdn.samsungcloudsolution.com' over 14,000 times, as well as trying to contact Google, Yahoo, Netflix and others, companies I have no relationship with and I have not given permission for. The fact that this cannot be turned off in the settings is a disgrace.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. The key domain to block is 'ads.samsungads.com'. This seems to stop the ads appearing at the bottom of the 'home' screen.

Apologies that this has turned into a bit of a rant but it links in with your comment about the TV nagging you to review the Samsung terms and conditions. Unfortunately I can't see anywhere in those terms and conditions where you can return the TV for a refund if you don't agree with them.

Thanks for the info guys.

I have done what @razy60 suggested and removed the unwanted apps. No doubt they will eventually reappear, cluttering up the screen as before.

I now know what is meant by 'Smart TV':

Smart TV = remove viewing control of TV away from the purchaser/owner and into the hands of the manufacturer/third-party advertisers.

I've got an intermittent problem with my KS8000 display. See photos. It has only happened about half a dozen times in the past 2 months since it first started. Happens when the TV comes out of standby but clears itself after 5 - 10 minutes. When the fault occurs, if I switch to a couple of test jpg images I have on a USB stick in the TV back panel the fault is still there. That seems to rule out external sources, HDMI cables and/or the One Connect box as the problem.

Any thoughts on what it is and a fix?
20200626_191207.jpg
20200626_191223.jpg

I've got an intermittent problem with my KS8000 display. See photos. It has only happened about half a dozen times in the past 2 months since it first started. Happens when the TV comes out of standby but clears itself after 5 - 10 minutes. When the fault occurs, if I switch to a couple of test jpg images I have on a USB stick in the TV back panel the fault is still there. That seems to rule out external sources, HDMI cables and/or the One Connect box as the problem.

Any thoughts on what it is and a fix?View attachment 1326694View attachment 1326696
Hi,

If you have the extended warranty then report it ASAP, whilst it's intermittent right now it probably won't stay that way.

Best wishes,

Dom

Hi,

If you have the extended warranty then report it ASAP, whilst it's intermittent right now it probably won't stay that way.

Best wishes,

Dom

Thanks. I've got an engineer booked for next week. Hoping for some insight from the forum so I don't get fobbed off.

Hi,

Best wishes,

Dom
Had something similar on my last Samsung TV. Got absolutely nowhere with Samsung. White vertical stripe on the right hand side of the screen. All I got was "it isn't a fault with the TV." Gave up in the end and gave it away. Got another Samsung from John Lewis with a five year guarantee. This one has been OK, apart from intermittent recording to a hard disc. The Samsung Owners Forum, is full of complaints above the same recording problem. Samsung aren't bothered one bit. Only bought another Samsung for the built in Freesat tuner. Freeview reception around here is patchy.

Had something similar on my last Samsung TV. Got absolutely nowhere with Samsung. White vertical stripe on the right hand side of the screen. All I got was "it isn't a fault with the TV." Gave up in the end and gave it away. Got another Samsung from John Lewis with a five year guarantee. This one has been OK, apart from intermittent recording to a hard disc. The Samsung Owners Forum, is full of complaints above the same recording problem. Samsung aren't bothered one bit. Only bought another Samsung for the built in Freesat tuner. Freeview reception around here is patchy.

Had the same issue a few years ago when trying to use the onboard guide with an external disk to make a DVR. Only worked if TV was on!

In the end bought a Humax Freesat DVR from eBay for less that £100. It's old, large and slow - but it works like a charm.

Had the same issue a few years ago when trying to use the onboard guide with an external disk to make a DVR. Only worked if TV was on!

In the end bought a Humax Freesat DVR from eBay for less that £100. It's old, large and slow - but it works like a charm.
How can Samsung screw up something so simple? My TV has two LNB inputs, so I assumed you could watch one channel and record another at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom